Pick any corps!

If I had to do it all over again I would pick the Kilties....I don't know....It's like the Casper Troopers or something....everybody in the Drum Corps world recognizes them instantly.

But will ya be goin' trrrrue (scotsman's trill) laddie????? :rolleyes:

I ALWAYS go true...

You know you may be right. We've had the Buchanan Tartan for 10+ years now, maybe it's about time we change to a new one! (The Kilties have sported 5 different tartans over their 76 year history) What tartan did you have in mind?

How about "Loud MacLeod?"

If I'm the director of the Kilties, we change the tartan to Clan MacLeod, use the traditional unis for only the first part of the show, a program based on "Highlander". The whole book is based around the score from the film and Queen's "A Night at the Opera" and "It's a Kind of Magic".

Great theme, great music, kilts, trench coats and sword fights. Everybody wins!

(But there can be only one)

• Like 1

If I'm the director of the Kilties, we change the tartan to Clan MacLeod, use the traditional unis for only the first part of the show, a program based on "Highlander". The whole book is based around the score from the film and Queen's "A Night at the Opera" and "It's a Kind of Magic".

Great theme, great music, kilts, trench coats and sword fights. Everybody wins!

To Answer:The Kilties ties to the Clan Buchanan is quite deep, each corps member is an actual associate member of the Clan itself, the corps is formally representing the Clan during performances (has since 1998), etc., so a changing of the tartan would not be appropriate.

(But there can be only one)

Edited by bill

Bridgemen...I would hire a good experienced staff and get them off of alumni status and into all age competition...

• Like 2

I think Bill completely missed the point of the change to Clan MacLeod.

Nah trust me he didn't. Miss it. MacLeod= highlander.

I have always loved the Yellow MacLeod tartan. And with the black battle jackets cool.

But If I remember,the MacLeod in the movie was more like the RAF tartan ,Blue in it's base color and rather drab. ancient MacLeod I believe it was..

But as Bill stated the corps also represents the Buchanan clan. And that being well maybe find aanother clan tied to the Buchanans and see if their tartans are usable.

Also it it not so easy to wear just any clans tartan. More than just a few require getting permission to use the clan's tartan. Some require exorbitant amounts of money to use the colors. Below is a link to Clan MacLeod tartans

http://www.clan-macleod-scotland.org.uk/tartans.php

Edited by JCSeymour