Cost of a staff

7567BC

I got to wondering with all the talk of staff moves and hires and releases of staff members "to pursue other opportunities"; what is the pay rates/scales for instructional staffs? There is a number of job descriptions for staffs that would influence the pay rates (writers, designers, program directors, coordinators, techs, etc., etc.). Compensation would also guided by amount of time spent with a corps either through winter camps, tryouts & touring (not to mention airfare & lodging).

I was curious as to how corps set up their org's regarding compensation for staff. Are staff members salaried, consulting contracts? What would be an expectation of an overall staff budget? How wide ranging is it between org's.??

I don't believe this question is stepping into HR issues about confidentiality. I'm not asking about specifics directly relating to specific individuals. I was thinking in more general terms.

I got to wondering with all the talk of staff moves and hires and releases of staff members "to pursue other opportunities"; what is the pay rates/scales for instructional staffs? There is a number of job descriptions for staffs that would influence the pay rates (writers, designers, program directors, coordinators, techs, etc., etc.). Compensation would also guided by amount of time spent with a corps either through winter camps, tryouts & touring (not to mention airfare & lodging).

I was curious as to how corps set up their org's regarding compensation for staff. Are staff members salaried, consulting contracts? What would be an expectation of an overall staff budget? How wide ranging is it between org's.??

I don't believe this question is stepping into HR issues about confidentiality. I'm not asking about specifics directly relating to specific individuals. I was thinking in more general terms.

i know for a guard staff ..so many variables......some young techs can get nothing or a few thousand for the summer some writers 5 grand maybe and depends if the person is spending time there or in and out...a good guard person can get 10 or more for the summer.....its as varied as HS programs Personally I have got over 40 grand for a band and winter season and many get a few thousand....just depends and YES sometimes its in the name , which as you said doesnt guarentee success

$40K?!?!?! Where do I sign up?

Garry in Vegas

• Like 3

To my understanding, this matter widely varies from corps to corps and MANY positions are volunteer as well, but it really depends on the organization itself. I have a feeling these things also trend upward the higher the corps sits in the rankings as well.

I seriously doubt IMO though your going to get any hard numbers by asking these questions publicly, but you may wish to look at public record 990 tax filings to get a closer picture of these sorts of matters or to at least get a general picture.

$40K?!?!?! Where do I sign up?

Garry in Vegas

Seriously... maybe I can make marching band a career...... lol.

you know how many people do that already?

Yeah. I personally know a few. It can be a risky career choice though.