Key Poulan to Glassmen

Exciting; I'm interested to see Key's design style meshed with Glassmen's.

Seems like a pretty good fit to me.

I can't remember which release mentioned it, but one of them did mention that Key would not be on the road much with Glassmen due to family issues. I'd say whatever they are they are not solved, but clearly he's ready to write for drum corps again and the Glassmen are excited to have him. I'm very glad they are not continuing with Don Hill. Not only have I not felt his work was a great fit for Glassmen, but I dislike having people doing jobs for multiple corps and in the Glassmen's case I have sometimes worried if they were getting their A quality work, intentional or not. With Mr. Hill at PR, Glassmen needed a new arranger who can partner with Rob Ferguson to hopefully find a successful formula.

I can't remember which release mentioned it, but one of them did mention that Key would not be on the road much with Glassmen due to family issues. I'd say whatever they are they are not solved, but clearly he's ready to write for drum corps again and the Glassmen are excited to have him. I'm very glad they are not continuing with Don Hill. Not only have I not felt his work was a great fit for Glassmen, but I dislike having people doing jobs for multiple corps and in the Glassmen's case I have sometimes worried if they were getting their A quality work, intentional or not. With Mr. Hill at PR, Glassmen needed a new arranger who can partner with Rob Ferguson to hopefully find a successful formula.

As has been mentioned previously, he either writes or has written for DCA corps and mini-corps, and I know he has been writing OC Spartans for several years...seriously doubt he's going to give up everything else and write exclusively for G'men...just MO.

Feel the same with Weber writing drill for Scv and glassmen?

Yes. While I don't think Weber's drill has been lackluster or anything, I do wish that he was only working with Glassmen or that they found another talented person to do it. Remember, these are just my opinions, but I just prefer to have someone around or working for a group that I believe is fully invested in them.

well at the same time it was stated he was steping down from SCV for " family health issues" the article continues to state that he will also continue to wrtie for SCV cadets.

I think the point is, he was dismissd from the Vanguard big boys

I think his writing, especially his 2006-2008 more avant-garde stuff, might be a good fit with Glassmen.

Mike

While I agree with this statement ....... I think the organization needs to look back at what worked for them. 97-2001 were the most successful years for the organization. While I don't think they need to return to the extremely Avant-Garde programming style of 2001 .. I think the sound and book they achieved in the Gold years is the direction the corps needs to revisit in order to be successful. Regardless of who is writing the show, I hope they can get back to that type of sound (both in brass and percussion).

Now Key is charged with that effort. I hope he takes a long hard look at those years and what was working for the Gmen. IMO, this would serve the organization well .. and bring back some of the fan base that has been taking naps for the past several years during their performance (no offense Matt).

Edited by supersop

Yes. While I don't think Weber's drill has been lackluster or anything, I do wish that he was only working with Glassmen or that they found another talented person to do it. Remember, these are just my opinions, but I just prefer to have someone around or working for a group that I believe is fully invested in them.

his drill has.been ok. Nothing that stands out as a wow moment.