Key Poulan to Glassmen

Better than someone I haven't heard of, but to be honest, I'm not sold on Key's ability to write for anyone other than Vanguard (his charts for The Magic in Orlando 05-06 were meh). Reserving judgment. I kind of like the idea of Glassmen as Midwestern SCV though.

Key has done some very good work for several DCA corps in recent years... I'm looking forward to hearing what he will bring to the Glassmen!

It's gunna be another battle for 12th now that Glassmen's got Poulan and The Academy's got Feagin! Best of luck to both corps!

uhhhh, Pathways is classic SCV?

88,89,90,91,92,the entire 70's, 99, scherezade... are all rolling over in their graves after that statement!

:-)

Classic? Perhaps not. But I thought the transition from the SCV of 96-02 to Key's sound was pretty seamless.

I agree with this, but Poulan didn't start arranging for SCV until 2003. 2005 also had good music IMO. The drill and brass were just not that great that year...

ok, well 03 and 04 are two of the best SCV shows ever.

uhhhh, Pathways is classic SCV?

88,89,90,91,92,the entire 70's, 99, scherezade... are all rolling over in their graves after that statement!

:-)

yep, classic. and yes, SCV had many other classic years too. I just listed the ones I thought/knew he was involved in

Then in all honesty, watch Open Class. World Class organizations, especially 13th place ones, are hardly in a position to run "something new from someone new" against judges so long as box 5 criterion still includes "evidence of the highest level of instruction"

I remember Cavaliers turning over their brass arranging to someone with no prior drum corps arranging experience in 2000. Didn't knock them out of box 5.

Apparently the family issues have been resolved?

Thought that was the reason he left SCV.

Maybe his family was tired of sunshine and sunsets on the ocean. Nothing like the smell of cow poo and being hypnotized by endless rows of corn while driving down the highway.

• Like 1