Crown 2012 Visual Team Announced

Personally, I think Andy and his team did some fantastic things at Crown. However, sometimes change is needed. I'm excited to see what this new team does with the visual aspect of the show. I just personally hope it doesn't lose the "flavor," if you will, of Crown's visual book the past few years. I personally love the body that's been put in each show and some of their signature moves. I am 99.9% sure that the Crown set at the end will still be there, as it has been every year since, at least, 2003 ... but perhaps they could bring back a Crown to Crown with all that Star staff! The final version of the Crown to Crown in 2008 was incredible and I'd love to see them do another ... but even more epic.

While I'm going to miss most of the staff who have left (Adam Sage being the exception) ... I'm excited to see what this new staff will do.

Also, that comment was not a slam to Adam Sage ... I just think Fo did an amazing job there. SHe's doing amazing things at Vanguard and part of me wishes she was still at Crown. But, that's not what this thread is about. I just wanted to make sure no one thought I was slamming Adam Sage because he's done great things at Crown as well. I just preferred Fo.

Personally, I think Andy and his team did some fantastic things at Crown. However, sometimes change is needed. I'm excited to see what this new team does with the visual aspect of the show. I just personally hope it doesn't lose the "flavor," if you will, of Crown's visual book the past few years. I personally love the body that's been put in each show and some of their signature moves. I am 99.9% sure that the Crown set at the end will still be there, as it has been every year since, at least, 2003 ... but perhaps they could bring back a Crown to Crown with all that Star staff! The final version of the Crown to Crown in 2008 was incredible and I'd love to see them do another ... but even more epic.

While I'm going to miss most of the staff who have left (Adam Sage being the exception) ... I'm excited to see what this new staff will do.

Also, that comment was not a slam to Adam Sage ... I just think Fo did an amazing job there. SHe's doing amazing things at Vanguard and part of me wishes she was still at Crown. But, that's not what this thread is about. I just wanted to make sure no one thought I was slamming Adam Sage because he's done great things at Crown as well. I just preferred Fo.

The drill designer is staying the same so I wouldn't imagine their look would change that much. Sorry, but I'm not crazy about this move but I realize they had to find a replacement. I've thought that Crown has moved better than Bluecoats the last few years and Crown has especially been cleaner from up top. Best of luck to them.

The drill designer is staying the same so I wouldn't imagine their look would change that much. Sorry, but I'm not crazy about this move but I realize they had to find a replacement. I've thought that Crown has moved better than Bluecoats the last few years and Crown has especially been cleaner from up top. Best of luck to them.

I have to agree! When you look at the weaknesses in Bluecoat's marching over the last few years, it's hard to say that this is a good move for Crown.

Visual ensemble has always been Bluecoats downfall and these guys seemed to have every opportunity to fix that and still failed. Go back and read DCP reviews and while not everyone "got" the show design, EVERYONE commented on sloppy drill execution.

Bluecoats with any new visual staff = HIT

Crown with these guys = miss

• Like 6

I have to agree! When you look at the weaknesses in Bluecoat's marching over the last few years, it's hard to say that this is a good move for Crown.

Visual ensemble has always been Bluecoats downfall and these guys seemed to have every opportunity to fix that and still failed. Go back and read DCP reviews and while not everyone "got" the show design, EVERYONE commented on sloppy drill execution.

Crown with these guys = miss

You are exactly right. This move will just keep Crown from a championship. I've been talking about this issue since 2009 and been slammed for it, but the visual program is a real problem for crown.

• Like 3

Go back and read DCP reviews and while not everyone "got" the show design, EVERYONE commented on sloppy drill execution.

I'm not sure I would want to base any staffing decisions on reviews from DCP.

Sometimes they are written by "experienced/knowledgeable" folks and sometimes by a kid who plays 3rd trumpet (poorly) in the St. Rita's School for the Culturally Deprived and Ungifted Marching Toirtoises.

• Like 2

The BC have yet to announce their new visual team but who came out on top with this deal. Crown for picking up the experienced Ron and his crew, Madison who picked up the younger Andy and his team, or may it be the Bluecoates who will get a fresh team in there?

Crown with THESE guys = miss

There is one fella on that incoming staff that I know will kick a**; as for the rest, good luck Crown. I pity their drumline.

• Like 1

The BC have yet to announce their new visual team but who came out on top with this deal. Crown for picking up the experienced Ron and his crew, Madison who picked up the younger Andy and his team, or may it be the Bluecoates who will get a fresh team in there?

Knowing Andy, along with a few others already on staff at Madison, I'd say the Scouts are the winners in this deal.

• Like 3

Noticed many recent Blue Stars techs there. So, who's left in La Crosse besides the already announced returning percussion and guard creative staff?

I see a few that were with the Blue Stars, maybe even in 2011. We will see what happens in La Crosse.

Edited by mcjordansc