Is Madison the new Crown?

Now that Crown has become one of the powerhouse corps of DCI. 2007 was kind of the first year Crown started showing it's stuff in my mind. Then 2009 they really blew DCI out of the water with it's new innovations in the activity. Now that the climb has basically ended, are Scouts going to be the next corps that climbs out of the nethers of lower finals to rejoin the power corps?

• Like 2

Now that Crown has become one of the powerhouse corps of DCI. 2007 was kind of the first year Crown started showing it's stuff in my mind. Then 2009 they really blew DCI out of the water with it's new innovations in the activity. Now that the climb has basically ended, are Scouts going to be the next corps that climbs out of the nethers of lower finals to rejoin the power corps?

I understand where your coming from as far as the climb, but Madison is just doing what it didn't do on a consistent basis in the 2000's, they're kicking ### and getting ready to take names.

• Like 7

IMO, I think a better comparison would be the Blue Knights as they are more obscure (like Crown was) and have jumped in placement the past two seasons and quality in the past three.

Crown:

2006 - 8th

2007 - 6th

2008 - 4th

2009 - 2nd

Madison:

2008 - 12th

2009 - 15th

2010 - 10th

2011 - 10th

Blue Knights:

2008 - 9th

2009 - 11th

2010 - 11th

2011 - 9th

Something to keep in mind is that BK has had a complete staff upheaval since 2008 with their brass caption head now retired. BK was pretty close to 8th in 2011 as well to - they beat Boston the show before quarters in Massilon, OH.

This is all just food for thought. Needless to say, good things are ahead for both corps. I think we could very well see both of them on disc 1 for this next year.

• Like 1

Yeah- what they said. Crown has been good the last few years but Madison has a rich history and they're just coming home where they belong.

• Like 4