Cadets2 Auditions - What to expect?

Again, thanks for all the input guys.

The reason I asked for some Cadets2 information is that the website doesn't have as much detail about things compared to other corps websites. The C2 website is just like "Hey. We're Cadets2. Here's the audition dates and fees."

But there are some other people helping me out with some corps to join, and I'm even considering Raiders for DCI Open. A lot of the other corps I'm looking at seem to have good money support and carpool organization.

As far as Cadets2 goes, I ordered the audition packet already, and they are getting ready to send them out on the 10th. That should fill me in more.

So I'll work things out. I have a lot of choices to choose from (Cadets2, Raiders, Windsor, Bushwackers, Shenandoah Sound, and Buccaneers.) I'm just looking for a something good to start with so I get enough experience to possibly audition for World Class sometime.

And don't worry Olive. Yes, I was looking more for Cadets2 information, but seeing some other options isn't bad either, concerning money and transportation more then anything.

Are you happy now Olive ????

Sorry Sayre.

I must have been thrown by the SUBJECT of the thread and the actual advice from you and others not being an answer to the SUBJECT of the thread.

Way to continue the hinderence of DCA's growth. Please don't respond to me without being more right.

Olive

Right, because having civil open discussion is such a hindrance.

First time ever in the history of DCP a thread skewed off a bit (yet still relative).................

• Like 2

Are you happy now Olive ????

I'm happy that the OP had his/her questioned answered (even though we had to listen to all the other corps representatives chime in on an entire different subject matter) I'm not sure why you all think that's ok.

Olive

Simple answer Olive: think of DCp as someone's kitchen or family room during a get together. One person mentions something and 5 people chime in with comments relative but not quite on topic first mentioned. Discussion ensues which goes back and forth. Interesting cross-topics are covered. Possibly someone's nose even gets out of joint for some reason.

In the end most at said gathering will walk away feeling good about the whole thing . :smile:

• Like 3

I'm happy that the OP had his/her questioned answered (even though we had to listen to all the other corps representatives chime in on an entire different subject matter) I'm not sure why you all think that's ok.

Olive

Wow!

I don't see where your coming from here. The OP brought a couple of talking points into their original post and each poster address one of those talking points in their response. Yes- the post was partially in regards to Cadets2 but their were also some open ended points such as corps that may be closer to the OP's location, transportation... etc.

I didn't see representatives from all the other corps chime in (just some members from existing, established organizations) and the subject matter was exactly the same as it was at the start of the thread.

Way to continue the hinderence of DCA's growth. Please don't respond to me without being more right.

I guess 98% of the posters here on DCP are part of the hindrance of DCA's growth than huh?

By the way- Its Hindrance, not Hinderence. Please don't respond to me without being more accurate with your spelling.

Moving on...

• Like 2

Every year around this time, I've been feeling the urge to do drum corps in some kind of form. I just want more "marching band/drum corp" to do. I live in Maryland, so there isn't anything DCA or DCI around here at all.

After looking at several corps, I'm looking at Cadets2. It's a 3 hour drive (though I don't own a car), and it should be a little cheaper and less time consuming with it being DCA weekend style.

<Snip for making a point>

Olive, what was said in responses by Sayre and I was going to offer was a statement that his thoughts are mistaken in that 'there isn't anything DCA or DCI around here at all' when he decided to look at Cadets2.

While I can respect his decision to look about them and have no preference where he goes, being informed about other organizations that are probably a bit closer than he originally thought is more of a GOOD thing to show that if one corps doesn't work out, there's other options instead of just sitting on the couch for the summer waiting for Band Camp.

Many of the programs stated may be a lot cheaper than the rumored price tag for C2 and may also provide a more individualized teaching and learning experience while still competing at a high level. Hence why there were statements from people who are in other corps just to reaffirm the membership is around his immediate area and carpools are a possibility. He could march with other programs and help those grow through word of mouth as well, which helps grow the overall activity, thus making your statement of 'Way to continue the hindrence of DCA's growth' in reality Null.

In regards to his topic idea, I can probably say expect to be given some instruction on technique, a lot of chorale and other breathing work and a meeting or two about what is hoped to be accomplished with the corps as well as expectations, regulations and the like. I recommend the OP go in, expect to be given a good 'chops' workout and try to take it all in and use the teaching given to improve.

Edited by Percussion827
  • Like 2

Again, thanks for all the input guys.

The reason I asked for some Cadets2 information is that the website doesn't have as much detail about things compared to other corps websites. The C2 website is just like "Hey. We're Cadets2. Here's the audition dates and fees."

But there are some other people helping me out with some corps to join, and I'm even considering Raiders for DCI Open. A lot of the other corps I'm looking at seem to have good money support and carpool organization.

As far as Cadets2 goes, I ordered the audition packet already, and they are getting ready to send them out on the 10th. That should fill me in more.

So I'll work things out. I have a lot of choices to choose from (Cadets2, Raiders, Windsor, Bushwackers, Shenandoah Sound, and Buccaneers.) I'm just looking for a something good to start with so I get enough experience to possibly audition for World Class sometime.

And don't worry Olive. Yes, I was looking more for Cadets2 information, but seeing some other options isn't bad either, concerning money and transportation more then anything.

There are some great corps within 3 hours for you to be apart of. Make sure you so your homework. If your set on Cadets2 then go for it! If somewhere along the way you get discouraged for some reason, remember there are other corps in that same area that have a proven championship record.

Best of luck to you.

Sorry Sayre. I must have been thrown by the SUBJECT of the thread and the actual advice from you and others not being an answer to the SUBJECT of the thread. Way to continue the hinderence of DCA's growth. Please don't respond to me without being more right. Olive
<BR><BR>seems the Op is ok with it. maybe you should be too. Despite your perception, this hasn't turned into a YEA bashfest. Everyone here told him to go for C2, and gave him other options as well.<BR><BR>Imagine that...DCP being educational. <BR><BR><BR>(insert sarcasm here) <BR> Edited by Jeff Ream

By the way- Its Hindrance, not Hinderence. Please don't respond to me without being more accurate with your spelling.

Wasn't the Hinderance the name of the blimp that blew up in Jersey in the late 30s?

Yeah I know don't give up your day job Jimbo....

All I can say to the OP is good luck, let us know how it goes and hope to see you at Anapolis next Labor Day Weekend.

Sorry Sayre.

I must have been thrown by the SUBJECT of the thread and the actual advice from you and others not being an answer to the SUBJECT of the thread.

Olive

Sorry Olive,

A few of us were simply attempting to offer solutions to the actual CONCERNS brought up in the thread, seeing as how no one outside of the C2 staff could possibly answer the vague question in the SUBJECT line.

I fail to see how helping another young person get a successful start in this activity is a "hindrance of DCA's growth." Feel free to respond. Maybe add something constructive this time instead of accusing half a dozen folks who are trying to help of some evil misdeed.

PS - I'm not a corps representative - just a voice in the crowd. Take my statements however you will. But for the record, the subject matter in discussion is absolutely relative to the conversation. And again, I wish b2trumpet the best of luck in getting their marching career off to a successful start, regardless of who they are marching with.

• Like 4