Cadets2 Auditions - What to expect?

The only thing that I don't understand is their posted age policy (16-25). Hell, that's almost DCI territory. I realize that DCA membership has gotten younger over the years, but why would they impose that restriction upon themselves when they don't have to? I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering.

Likely has to do with keeping to the mission statement of YEA! - the first word of which is "youth".

The only thing that I don't understand is their posted age policy (16-25). Hell, that's almost DCI territory. I realize that DCA membership has gotten younger over the years, but why would they impose that restriction upon themselves when they don't have to? I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering.

Well, the first letter of YEA stands for 'Youth'...so that is not surprising. I think if they could limit it to completely junior age members they would, but the upper end reflects their thoughts on how reasonable that is.

They haven't even had a camp yet.

The hand wringing and gnashing of teeth is hysterical

They haven't even had a camp yet.

The hand wringing and gnashing of teeth is hysterical

Understand the sackcloth and ashes shipment got hung up in customs.....

This is almost as much fun as as having a corps come out of nowhere at the start of the season and knock big corps off...

i think u need to figure out what is most important to you and then go from there on deciding your corps. allentown is an hour north of reading. so reading would be closer. reading is probably going to be cheaper. less dues, less gas. but, if you are looking at possibly marching cadets and getting ur foot in the door and can afford that extra hour drive (which after a weekend is a big difference) go for cadets2...

I have been a supporter of C2 here for a while and Do think they can as they have I think already shaken things up and maybe make others take a look at how they do things..especially in the winter BUT I'm starting to wonder with all the talk about the CADET experience ( including myself ) WILL in fact there be a CADET EXPERIENCE. Part of that experience is extreme focused rehearsals, extreme decipline, difficulty in style, movement and theme. Can all these things be accomplished in a much shorter time , with a less focused member ( due to time because focus takes time to get into the groove ) WILL IT BE THE CADET EXPERIENCE AT ALL. I think in some respects yes and now given more thought including the dynamics of EVERYTHING IN AND AROUND THE CORPS ( DCA ) will it be what a potential member would think they are getting...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have been a supporter of C2 here for a while and Do think they can as they have I think already shaken things up and maybe make others take a look at how they do things..especially in the winter BUT I'm starting to wonder with all the talk about the 'CADET experience' ( including myself ) WILL in fact there be a CADET EXPERIENCE? Part of that experience is extremely focused rehearsals, extreme discipline, difficulty in style, movement and theme. Can all these things be accomplished in a much shorter time, with a less focused member ( due to time because focus takes time to get into the groove ) WILL IT BE THE CADET EXPERIENCE AT ALL? I think in some respects yes and now given more thought including the dynamics of EVERYTHING IN AND AROUND THE CORPS ( DCA ) will it be what a potential member would think they are getting? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fixed some punctuation issues. Now, while the DCA tenure is not as strenuous or every day as a traditional DCI tour, I doubt that George and company will allow the corps rehearsals to be anything less of the 'Cadets Experience' than normal. If anything, due to said time restrictions, the experience may become even more so to accompany the weekend only atmosphere once the season truly begins. Thus, the corps COULD in fact continue to hold the weekend camps but have it as Friday Nights to Sunday Afternoons instead of Saturday Mornings. Thus maintaining a DCI Open class style with the exception of Performance weekends.

Fixed some punctuation issues. Now, while the DCA tenure is not as strenuous or every day as a traditional DCI tour, I doubt that George and company will allow the corps rehearsals to be anything less of the 'Cadets Experience' than normal. If anything, due to said time restrictions, the experience may become even more so to accompany the weekend only atmosphere once the season truly begins. Thus, the corps COULD in fact continue to hold the weekend camps but have it as Friday Nights to Sunday Afternoons instead of Saturday Mornings. Thus maintaining a DCI Open class style with the exception of Performance weekends.

I have no doubt it will be a quality corps..CADETS? not so sure..Time will Tell I guess..Oh and thanks for the question marks although I wasn't asking a question of anyone.......lol :tongue: jk

Edited by GUARDLING

I have been a supporter of C2 here for a while and Do think they can as they have I think already shaken things up and maybe make others take a look at how they do things..especially in the winter BUT I'm starting to wonder with all the talk about the CADET experience ( including myself ) WILL in fact there be a CADET EXPERIENCE. Part of that experience is extreme focused rehearsals, extreme decipline, difficulty in style, movement and theme. Can all these things be accomplished in a much shorter time , with a less focused member ( due to time because focus takes time to get into the groove ) WILL IT BE THE CADET EXPERIENCE AT ALL. I think in some respects yes and now given more thought including the dynamics of EVERYTHING IN AND AROUND THE CORPS ( DCA ) will it be what a potential member would think they are getting...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well, my hunch is the CADET Experience will be adapted for this type of group. I would imagine many of the policies, exrcises, etc in place for theDCiversion would carry over, as well as techniques. Weekends probably treated as mini tours.

I think anyone going in will see the schedule and know there has to be some difference. I'm sure their marketing will cover a lot of that too.