Teal Sound Announces changes

First let me say that I am amazed to find many replies to the original post break the posting guidelines set by DCP and in the interest of promoting a positive rather than negative environment, should be removed. Many of the posts have included personal attacks on a member, have made threatening remarks regarding the member, and have attacked the Teal Sound organization as well as DCI. When posting, unless you know all of the facts (not just what you read in the newspaper), or unless you were the person directly involved then your comments are harassing and without merit.

In my 60 years of life experience, 40 of which I spent as an educator, I have found that those who profess to know all the answers and shout it out loud for everyone to hear, are most often the ones that have skeletons that are hiding in their own closets. Or, there are many that make nasty comments and spread gossip as a result of jealousy over those who are well-liked and successful in the profession. My question for those that go out of their way to post negative comments about things they really know nothing about is what example are you setting for the youth of this organization or your own band program?

We are all human and as humans we have all made and will continue to make choices that are not good ones and yes, as someone pointed out, we suffer the consequences of those choices. Learning from and living with the mistakes we make is only half the battle. The other half is how we emerge from the aftermath. In other words, how we live our lives afterward.

Teal Sound used a proactive approach to announcing its staff. It appears they felt that it was better to be open and honest rather than be accused of hiding something. Obviously, the organization recognizes the talent and expertise that each of the staff brings to the table and is ready to move forward. I can think of a lot better conversations to have regarding the upcoming season, can't you?

Ummm....yeah. They guy RESIGNED from his job. But, sure, you're right, nothing to see here. Move along. People always resign when they have done nothing wrong.

In your 60 years of life experience, have you had children? If you have, would YOU send a daughter to Teal Sound?

What else is there to say? A REAL lapse of judgement by the management of that corps. Wow.

• Like 2

When posting, unless you know all of the facts (not just what you read in the newspaper), or unless you were the person directly involved then your comments are harassing and without merit.[/font][/size]

the organization recognizes the talent and expertise that each of the staff brings to the table and is ready to move forward. I can think of a lot better conversations to have regarding the upcoming season, can't you? [/font][/size]

I take it you likewise do not know the circumstances, nor this individual either. Despite this you willing to put your unquestioning faith and trust in an individual that we know for CERTAIN did the following:

a) resiged from his position abruptly when charges of lewed suggestive ovetures and sexual advances toward a student within his supervisory capacity became public.... where he had the power of grade, influence, promotion, etc with the student.

b) Never challenged the veracity of the sexual predator charges, nor sought legal cousel for defense of such. Nor took any action to refute the charges in any public venue that we are currently aware of, including the newspaper that published the communication between the instructor and his student verbatim.

C) The sexual pursuit was repetitive... and ongoing.

D) the individual engaged in the further corruptible act to further the opportunity for exploitation by demanding silence and also to try and persuade the victim of his advances to engage in lying should the sexual pursuit and sexual communications become public.

This is contemptible behaviors by any measure. Your attempt to minimize the severity of the repetitive sexual advances communication with this student is frighteningly appalling. Your feeble attempt to excuse the behavior with your simultaneous unquestioning acceptance of this Teal Sound decision is likewise appalling. His actions are indefensible. We know ENOUGH about this action and his subsequent abrupt resignation to recommend that Teal Sound ( and if not, DCI themselves ) step forward and admit that Teal Sound made a collosal " mistake " in bringing this individual into their organization so shortly after this act of sexual exploitation and concerted attempt with the victim to engage in a cover up that was only stopped when the sexual behaviors became public. Teal Sound has acted irresponsibly here with their decision to bring this individual into their organization when there are many, many more suitable, decent, responsible other candidates available for them to draw upon.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

I take it you likewise do not know the circumstances, nor this individual either. Despite this you willing to put your unquestioning faith and trust in an individual that we know for CERTAIN did the following:

Not going to defend this guy or his apparent actions.

OTOH I want to point that you don't know any facts and you don't know anything for certain.

My suspicion is you haven't even read the newspaper article but instead are relying on what someone presumably copy/pasted here.

Furthermore you have no idea if the newspaper article is accurate. The media has occasionally been known to make mistakes.

FWIW the relavant articles are:

http://articles.orla...-female-student

http://articles.orla...ciation-texting

Based on this reporting I personally wouldn't want this guy anywhere near my kid.

But let's not get carried away with our "certainty". The media wants to sell newspapers and there are lot of innocent people (as in "found innocent in a court of law)" who are destroyed by reporters who are more interested in headlines than facts.

• Like 2