Should We.....

Bring back US Open, World Open, American-International Open?

I loved participating in those shows, especially Marion, OH. What a great community!

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

1. US Open - Marion, OH; World Open - Lynn, MA; American International Open - Butler, PA

2. Scheduling would have to be coordinated with the DCI office, but shows in Marion and Butler could lead into Indianapolis. The show in Lynn would depend on if there is still a viable stadium, and work into the NE tour leg.

Edit: Though the old Manning Bowl In Lynn was condemned and torn down, the new Manning Field just might work, and is actually on the site of the original WO site.

http://www.ci.lynn.ma.us/attractions_manningfield.shtml

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

better question..who's payin and sponsoring

Yeah, I have to believe if there are sponsors ready to add a show and pay for the stadium costs and the performance fees, DCI wouldn't be turning people down. They would figure the schedule out and get corps to be part of the show. So, here's for starters...about $20,000-$25,000 for the performance fees for a really nice show. Then, you gotta go rent a stadium and then you gotta sell a lot of tickets and pray for no rain.

Any takers?

But, Mr. Boo...a sizable investment from someone like yourself...we could see all these shows back on the map in no time. We can find dates easier than finding the sources of income.

Tom: I'd be game, but I invested quite heavily in production costs for a musical based on the revival of the BetaMax phenomenon. It's opening next week in Singapore and if reviews are positive, I'm bringing it to community theater in Minot, South Dakota for a pre-Broadway run. How many tickets could I sell you?

• Like 2

Actually, this summer BAC resurrected the CYO Nationals. The show was a huge success, with a great line-up of corps on the new turf field in Quincy, MA. The size of the very enthusiastic crowd surprised even the organizers of the show, and the full corps retreat was a very nice touch.

They even had "old school" CYO Nationals t-shirts and recordings on sale! :thumbup: If you're a drum corps fan from New England, this made FOUR World Class shows in the area this year, and ALL were well-attended, happy to report!

• Like 1

Tom: I'd be game, but I invested quite heavily in production costs for a musical based on the revival of the BetaMax phenomenon. It's opening next week in Singapore and if reviews are positive, I'm bringing it to community theater in Minot, South Dakota for a pre-Broadway run. How many tickets could I sell you?

Minot is in North Dakota.