What Really Matters

63 members have voted

1. 1. What will set off the DCP discussion in 2012 (pick one only):

• Comments by DCI and/or corps officials
    • Policies issued or enforced by DCI and/or corps
    • Insufficient entertainment value of programs/shows
    • One or more controversial program designs
    • Continued and expanded use of electronics (including synths but not amped voice)
    • Amplified voice as a unique electronics concern
    • Judges placements
    • Tour schedule, including venues
    • Lucas Oil Stadium in all its aspects
    • Fan Network functionality and/or performance
    • Cinecasts and their arrangements
    • Economic cost of participation for fans or members

It’s not that far off. The outrage. The indignation. The righteous dismay.

Soon corps will begin revealing their 2012 programs to be followed inevitably by the usual second-guessing and sniping along with some legitimate criticism on DCP. The judges will have their view. So will the DCP grand jury.

What will we despise? What will set our blood to boil? What will inspire us to forecast the demise of drum corps?

Check the list. Cast your ballot for the one issue that you think will raise the most bile on DCP in 2012. Get it right. If not, we might all have to agree to agree in 2013!

HH

Can't vote, as I feel the best answer is "all of the above and then some." While DCP is incapable of agreeing on things 100% of the time, I think we can all agree* that that as a community we'll find a way to disagree and argue about every conceivable topic.

* insert reply of someone disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreement and/or comedic value :tongue:

Can't vote, as I feel the best answer is "all of the above and then some." While DCP is incapable of agreeing on things 100% of the time, I think we can all agree* that that as a community we'll find a way to disagree and argue about every conceivable topic.

* insert reply of someone disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreement and/or comedic value :tongue:

I can't agree with either your first observation or your reference to comedic value.

torchMob.jpg

• Like 1

I think polls will tend to #### people off more than any other conceivable topic.

Garry in Vegas

I think polls will tend to #### people off more than any other conceivable topic.

Garry in Vegas

Except for the appropriate syrup for waffles.

• Like 1

Can't vote, as I feel the best answer is "all of the above and then some." While DCP is incapable of agreeing on things 100% of the time, I think we can all agree* that that as a community we'll find a way to disagree and argue about every conceivable topic...

Would it be contradictary to agree?

HH

I can't agree with either your first observation or your reference to comedic value.

torchMob.jpg

OK Mike, these guyz look too well dressed for the 1930 (or was 1931) Frankenstein. Any idea where this came from.

LOL, my thought was the mob storming Norte Dame at the end of Hunchback of Norte Dame (pick Chaney or Laughton version).

s/ Guy who watched tooooooo many horror movies on the late show....

OK Mike, these guyz look too well dressed for the 1930 (or was 1931) Frankenstein. Any idea where this came from.

LOL, my thought was the mob storming Norte Dame at the end of Hunchback of Norte Dame (pick Chaney or Laughton version).

s/ Guy who watched tooooooo many horror movies on the late show....

I've found the photo in a couple different places, but neither credits where it came from.

It might be people who are upset that the iPhone 4S isn't the expected iPhone 5.

I've found the photo in a couple different places, but neither credits where it came from.

It might be people who are upset that the iPhone 4S isn't the expected iPhone 5.

LMAO, how about disgruntled Blackberry users after the latest outage.....

Weird part is I bought a DVD pack of 50 horror movies as a way to burn my Borders Gift Card. 5 getch 10 I this scene is on one of them and just haven't gotten around to watch any. Too bad my wife isn't that big a fan..... :sad: Thank goodness the other DVD I got was The Who in concert... THAT one has been viewed a few times. :music:

Edited by JimF-LowBari