Did you march your age out?

No, I ended up marching senior corps (1973)

Edited by Fastone

Same with me Frank...St Joes folded in 1971 and the Purple Lancers folded with a FULL CORPS in the spring of 1975 with fears that financially they couldnt handle the tour demands. From a local corps to DCI finalist in two years took its toll on management.

I almost went to the Ananheim Kingsmen who also folded in that summer for similar reasons or the Hawthorne Muchachos. I marched my age out with a senior corps called PHOENIX...,and had a ball.

Donny

Yep. Marched my age out with Troopers in 1988. I took 1987 off to travel the world with my mom. She was a travel agent and she had won the trip (including spending money for hotels, etc.) at the national travel agents' convention. We weren't exactly made of money and such a trip was far, FAR out of our general reach. I was in college and couldn't travel during the school year, so I took the summer of 1987 off from drum corps and had a wonderful, whirlwind of a trip with my mom.

I was very happy to go back to Troopers in 1988 and finish up my junior corps years at my home away from home.

No I did not age out! :sad:

Reason: Vietnam.

Regrets! I have a 25 year gap in my drumcorps experience, Although I would do the military tour all over again, I wish I had been involved in drumcorps at the same time (Cake and eat it!).

Yes, I did march my age out year. It was a very rewarding experience, but it was with a different corps than my first two years. Even though our placement was much better at finals I think I would have enjoyed the summer more if I had stayed in my original corps. I loved the corps I aged out with but REALLY missed my friends from "home". :sad:

• Like 2

Did I march: No.

Why?: I was stationed in Guam with my first squadron.

Do I regret not marching? No. That was the start of a 22 year military career.

Side note: wish I had marched 1 more season in jr corps. I was asked by Gail Royer to try out for SCV that year.

"That year" was 1981. :doh:

• Like 1

Yes I did, and I'm glad I did, for a lot of reasons. Immediate reasons are of course that I got to age out undefeated and with a championship, but that year had plenty of its own hardships that imparted a lot of important lessons to me about enduring tough times, and they have been immensely useful to me. All in all, I can't imagine not having finished out my corps career the way I did.

Wasn't going to march age out year. Scott Stewart called and said you did 78-79. You have one more chance to be a Madison Scout. That was two weeks into the 1981 season when two guard members quit. My friend Greg and I were on the next train to Wisconsin.

Had one of my best performances at Montreal.

Little did I know that 25 years later that chance would come around again. The Madison Scout Alumni Reunion Project. What a blast!