DCI 2012 Programs

Who needs their fan base to get excited about their show and the upcoming season anyway, huh??

I love what the Cadets have done in letting everyone in on the design process, and keeping their fans interested year round, instead of just the middle of June to the middle of August, and instead of not releasing anything about the show until the last possible nanosecond lest we risk the info getting into the hands of the terrorists...

Just another example of drum corps taking themselves way too seriously, IMHO.

It is funny that you put it that way. Because I often considered the self-entitled clamoring for show information to be a case of people taking their drum corps too seriously. Don't get me wrong. People, especially internet people, really like knowing things. I understand that. But 2 months from now, what does it matter _when_ you found out what Drum Corps X was going to play for their ballad?

I personally just don't understand the secrecy, unless they are waiting for the rights and stuff. I know Crossmen was waiting for the rights, and they wanted to announce on Earth Day. Since they announced there have been a number of updates, including being able to hear and see a lot of the opener. A nice change from past years with them.

I also love what the Cadets do. They let you know a lot.

It can't be bad for the activity to have more videos circulating more of the year.

Many corps are starting to take advantage of Facebook and their YouTube channels. It's great stuff.

At this point.. corps are moving in, and we still don't have announcements from a couple of corps. Is it really a problem? Nope. Would I like to know what they are playing. Yes.

Heck, I think it was Ream who said that you would know almost all the corps shows and a lot of the rep early in the winter season in Drum Corps World or something a while back.

I personally like to know their Rep so I can familiarize myself with the originals. Especially pieces of music I have never known. Each year I learn about great music that I had no clue about. I also find it easier to follow along with shows when I am familiar with the music, and I enjoy the total package much more. Because let's face it, if I didn't know what BD's rep was last year, I probably would have had to think for a while of what they were playing...and would have missed all the exciting drill (/sarcasm)

I also like to listen to the creativity of the arrangements compared to the originals.

And I just like to know, so I can know. Ya know?

But if a corps doesn't want to release any information that is their choice.

I just don't understand the need for the hush hush unless they are waiting for rights... even then you don't have to release your entire rep at the same time.

• Like 1

I personally just don't understand the secrecy, unless they are waiting for the rights and stuff. I know Crossmen was waiting for the rights, and they wanted to announce on Earth Day. Since they announced there have been a number of updates, including being able to hear and see a lot of the opener. A nice change from past years with them.

I also love what the Cadets do. They let you know a lot.

It can't be bad for the activity to have more videos circulating more of the year.

Many corps are starting to take advantage of Facebook and their YouTube channels. It's great stuff.

At this point.. corps are moving in, and we still don't have announcements from a couple of corps. Is it really a problem? Nope. Would I like to know what they are playing. Yes.

Heck, I think it was Ream who said that you would know almost all the corps shows and a lot of the rep early in the winter season in Drum Corps World or something a while back.

I personally like to know their Rep so I can familiarize myself with the originals. Especially pieces of music I have never known. Each year I learn about great music that I had no clue about. I also find it easier to follow along with shows when I am familiar with the music, and I enjoy the total package much more. Because let's face it, if I didn't know what BD's rep was last year, I probably would have had to think for a while of what they were playing...and would have missed all the exciting drill (/sarcasm)

I also like to listen to the creativity of the arrangements compared to the originals.

And I just like to know, so I can know. Ya know?

But if a corps doesn't want to release any information that is their choice.

I just don't understand the need for the hush hush unless they are waiting for rights... even then you don't have to release your entire rep at the same time.

Corps sometimes keep things hush hush even after they get the rights just in case something with the show design falls throught. "So... uhh... we WERE gonna do this... but... uhm... now we're gonna do this!" How dumb and unprofessional would that seem? Why would anyone want to know anything half-certainly?

Corps sometimes keep things hush hush even after they get the rights just in case something with the show design falls throught. "So... uhh... we WERE gonna do this... but... uhm... now we're gonna do this!" How dumb and unprofessional would that seem? Why would anyone want to know anything half-certainly?

You mean how the Cadets said they were doing a Pearl Harbor show???

Seems like they handled it pretty well...

The simple.. it's not going to work so we are doing something different explanation works for me!

I gotta say I'm not usually excited to see the Cadet's but I do love Christmas and I think that this is right up their ally !

And that was just the first movement!

Check out the third movement, too...

OMG that was incredible , thaks Hostrauser , what corp will be playing this ? Man I don't know if theirs any corps that good enough to pull this off ?

Edited by rudi man

Sorry I got ahead of myself , maybe Crown can pull it off ! I certanly hope so because Crown will be at the Glassmen show in July :)