DCI 2012 Programs

2 months from now, what does it matter _when_ you found out what Drum Corps X was going to play for their ballad?

I agree. Thats why the Corps have no need to keep this under such secrecy. Nobody will care in 2 months that we got the info back months ago. So whats the point with this secrecy ? We get more info from the Federal Government on Area 51 in Nevada where a few Conspiritists as a result think we might be storing a few 2 legged midets from another galaxy, and a vehicle that doesn't need gas at the pumps. Who knows, maybe the feds are keeping a couple of decomposed aliens under wraps out there in the boondocks. But what are Corps keeping under wraps ?....A couple of songs ? Geez, whats the big secrecy in Corps these days ? Its just friggin Drum Corps, you know ?If Corps like The Cadets can share info with us, all the others should be able too as well, it seems to me. Did it hurt The Cadets to release lengthy musical videos on their show early and often last year in preseason ? Where'd they finish come August ?

Edited by BRASSO

I agree. Thats why the Corps have no need to keep this under such secrecy. Nobody will care in 2 months that we got the info back months ago. So whats the point with this secrecy ? We get more info from the Federal Government on Area 51 in Nevada where a few Conspiritists as a result think we might be storing a few 2 legged midets from another galaxy, and a vehicle that doesn't need gas at the pumps. Who knows, maybe the feds are keeping a couple of decomposed aliens under wraps out there in the boondocks. But what are Corps keeping under wraps ?....A couple of songs ? Geez, whats the big secrecy in Corps these days ? Its just friggin Drum Corps, you know ?If Corps like The Cadets can share info with us, all the others should be able too as well, it seems to me. Did it hurt The Cadets to release lengthy musical videos on their show early and often last year in preseason ? Where'd they finish come August ?

Corps don't always announce early because they are still trying to acquire rights for some of the music they want to use. Wouldn't you rather wait a bit longer to find out a show if it means all of it will make the DVD?. Also, designing a show is a process. The design staff may change what material they want to use for a show.

• Like 1

Corps don't always announce early because they are still trying to acquire rights for some of the music they want to use. Wouldn't you rather wait a bit longer to find out a show if it means all of it will make the DVD?. Also, designing a show is a process. The design staff may change what material they want to use for a show.

Not buying the rights theory anymore, nor the full-scale changes in the show theory either (for Blue Knights and Bluecoats). If, on May 12, they don't have rights secured yet, what happens if they get denied? Are they going to scrap all the work between December-ish and now and start all over right before spring training? Who would work almost 5 months on pieces if they weren't sure if they were going to get the rights or not, knowing they might have to start over with one month to go? That just seems like ridiculous planning and just plain silly. And, no one is legally liable to a show announcement - as was mentioned before, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, and you do a Cadets and just say as much, simple as that.

Seems like the benefits to announcing early and getting your fan base excited about your upcoming season would outweigh the negatives.

If I were a drum corps conspiratist, I would say that the "nuclear launch code" type security surrounding the show announcements has more to do with a corps not wanting others to copy what they're doing, and if they don't release until the last minute, they ensure the uniqueness of their show...IMHO.

Edited by Quad Aces

Fine. Just tell us that " they are waiting on copyrights". We recognize that some of it may never get approval anyway, its no big deal. As for " changing material ", no problem either. Just tell us whay you got now.... we all know ( I think ) that its subject to change. Corps change up things in the show all the time anyway. Change goes with the territory in this activity. Its all just lame excuses by all these Corps when there is really no valid reason that I'm aware of to keep things under such secrecy like this. Corps like The Cadets each year show us what they have... it hasn't hurt them in the least as near as I can tell. It is pretty silly to adopt such a level of secrecy when we are an activity crying out for more exposure and more fans to follow Drum Corps. How can you follow enthusiastically something when there is such a dearth of information by mid May with most of these Corps ?

Edited by BRASSO

Fine. Just tell us that " they are waiting on copyrights". We recognize that some of it may never get approval anyway, its no big deal. As for " changing material ", no problem either. Just tell us whay you got now.... we all know ( I think ) that its subject to change. Corps change up things in the show all the time anyway. Change goes with the territory in this activity. Its all just lame excuses by all these Corps when there is really no valid reason that I'm aware of to keep things under such secrecy like this. Corps like The Cadets each year show us what they have... it hasn't hurt them in the least as near as I can tell. It is pretty silly to adopt such a level of secrecy when we are an activity crying out for more exposure and more fans to follow Drum Corps. How can you follow enthusiastically something when there is such a dearth of information by mid May with most of these Corps ?

Amen to that...

Maybe that's the point of the show title "Unmasqued." The show will be Unmasqued at the first show. If that's the case, then I think it's cool.

BK on the other hand; I don't really care what they're playing anyway, I've never watched them.

• Like 2

Maybe that's the point of the show title "Unmasqued." The show will be Unmasqued at the first show. If that's the case, then I think it's cool.

BK on the other hand; I don't really care what they're playing anyway, I've never watched them.

You're missing out on some really cool shows man! They play some great music. Loud, brassy, old school style drum corps. Check out 2010 and 2011. 2006 and 2007 are cool too if you like dark shows.

• Like 1

That would be a pretty cool idea, but according to their Facebook page they have a big announcement for tomorrow, which may or may not be the show music.

Why speculate??? Corps should inform their fans of their reasons for what they do and don't do. If its rights, say something!