DCI 2012 Programs

And it is a also a certain corps song, so if you want to hear it just go see them in the lot or catch them play it some other time

• Like 3

it's been played like 20 times, hasn't it?

I would like to think Cadets, with one of the best design staffs in DCI, can do better.

apparently suggesting that a corps not play a specific piece of music earns minuses, lol.

Well, the Cadets did play that "My Favorite things" show, where 2/3rds of the music was done by other corps... Also, they've done YPG and stuff that quite a few other corps have done in the past. It would be okay for the to do RCM too using that logic with THAT best design staff in DCI. tongue.gif

It's okay, I personally hype on RCM, but it's fine for others not to hype on it...

The final piece of the Vanguard 2012 program is......Mars!

From the SCV Facebook page: "One word: Mars......For those of you who've been following our long, drawn-out announcement of the show music, this is the part of the show that contains "something borrowed." From the Des Plaines Vanguard, 1971-73! And another corps from Illinois played it in 1985-86 and 1995!"

• Like 1

The final piece of the Vanguard 2012 program is......Mars!

From the SCV Facebook page: "One word: Mars......For those of you who've been following our long, drawn-out announcement of the show music, this is the part of the show that contains "something borrowed." From the Des Plaines Vanguard, 1971-73! And another corps from Illinois played it in 1985-86 and 1995!"

This show is going to be #$%^$#@ loud. :w00t:

• Like 2

I have to say, I'm excited for the brass arrangements. It will be nice having JD Shaw and Paul Rennick back together. Great choices, I'm very excited for this show.

Anybody have recordings of this years Bluecoats, Crown, Cavaliers, or anybody else? Any from those 3 but recent from the others.

The Cadets:

-"12.25"

*Do You Hear What I Hear? - Traditional

*Carol of the Bells - Traditional

*O Tannenbaum - Traditional

*Hark the Harold Angels Sing - Traditional

Psst. "Herald"

• Like 2

I have a feeling this year's BD show is going off the reservation again. hehe.gif

They're bringing back Wynton Marsalis's "Calling the Indians Out"? :sigh:

• Like 1