DCI 2012 Programs

Greenblue, I wouldn't discount pines because another corps is using it. The past few seasons since 2007 there has been a case where one song is used by more than one corps in a season. 07 was firebird suite with phantom and blue stars, 0& was cloudbursts with scv and bk, 2009 wss was used by troop and cadets and I know pc and cavs shared a tune, 10 pc and coats had asphalt cocktail, '11 was cadets and teal using 160bpm. Might have gone overboard with gettin my point across but it could happen.

Didn't really want to come off as dismissing DCP as a viable representation of drum corps fans...because it is by far the best drum corps forum to ever exist. DCP is a great resource for drum corps folks. Although...sometimes I just wonder how much of a full picture we are getting....because we know a lot of members or potential corps members are told not to post out here...and we don't see many posts (hardly any) from the corps staffs, administrators and judges....would be nice If they were engaged in conversations. Also...like most forums..dcp has a peanut gallery, people who don't attend shows anymore but post and some folks who defiantly post who I guess are bored or just need attention and love to get a rise out of people

Triple Forte,

I didn't mean to call you out, I just wanted to point out that DCP is the best thing the drum corps community has for getting a finger on the pulse of the activity. You get to hear all sides of things. We even have people who post from Europe, South America, and Asia!

You're correct. We do need more "official" people here. We do, however, have quite a few posters from various organizations such as Teal Sound, Crossmen, Surf, Cadets, and others from time to time. I think that's the best we can hope for really... You're not going to get too many "official" people posting and arguing on this "unofficial" forum about much of anything of substance here. This forum is not under DCA, DCI, or any other drum corps body control. I think that's a good thing.

Yes we also have a peanut gallery. We have that in "real life" too. So, that's par for the course... Most of us sift through the crap and make our own opinions about ideas anyway.

As far as members not posting... They can and do ( I suspect) come on here and read the postings.

I just think DCP is more valuable than we give it credit for being...

smile.gif

• Like 2

Greenblue, I wouldn't discount pines because another corps is using it. The past few seasons since 2007 there has been a case where one song is used by more than one corps in a season. 07 was firebird suite with phantom and blue stars, 0& was cloudbursts with scv and bk, 2009 wss was used by troop and cadets and I know pc and cavs shared a tune, 10 pc and coats had asphalt cocktail, '11 was cadets and teal using 160bpm. Might have gone overboard with gettin my point across but it could happen.

Agreed azul. There are many years in the past where multiple corps share music. Many finalists have shared music in the same year. I remember one year where BD and Bluecoats played "Johnny One Note" ( Very different arrangements), BD and Madison played "Strawberry Soup" ( very different arrangements), Bluecoats and Crossmen played "Caravan" ( VERY different), Boston and Cadets played "Malaguena"; LE, Blue Stars, and Sky Ryders all played Carmina Burana, etc...

Point is that it happens A LOT. It's probably difficult to find a year where something isn't being played by two or more corps in that year. I'm sure the arrangements would be pretty different.

I'd be okay if Cavies and Boston played the same piece and I wouldn't think that either would feel the need to change the tune.

Now I think there was a year waaaaaaay back where two or three corps played the same pieces as the corps a couple of placements next to them. That would be easier to understand why they might change the tune.

Dear Cadets. If you are going to do a "12:25" show, could you PLEASE include Russian Christmas Music? I'll PAY you! Heck I'll buy out your entire souvie stand, sell everything out at double the price and give you THOSE proceeds too!

Edited by bmjfelts1988

Because it sucks.

I've never cared for Russian Christmas Music nor understood the fascination with it, and can name half a dozen Alfred Reed pieces I think are better.

There! I've said it! Lame away! :crazy:

• Like 4