Phantom Regiment - Show and Staff Announcements

Theyre gonna need to pass out Librettos for this one....

That being said.

Nessun Dorma = favorite aria of all time

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

They will do fine although I can TOTALLY see Wren writing this! I also think that other people are MORE than capable of teaching a and winning both brass and percussion. I wonder if they would bring back french horns for that "effect"? Naw......

What I find most interesting is how early the show announcement came out. Seems much earlier than in the past for most corps in the top 12.

Maybe Phantom has done this before, but I don't think so. The corps likes to keep the uniform much more of a secret than the theme. Music for the theme is kept quiet for a while too. So, so far we know only the theme.

I believe, in the past here on DCP, some corps have tried to delay these announcements for various reasons - competition, expectations, and other things we have discussed in length.

There seems to be a lot of people who consider this year to be Phantom's 're-building' year. So why not put the show out there. We haven't seen a list of the actual song choices - have we? But at least the auditioners know that at least one traditional Phantom favorite will be in the show.

It will be interesting to watch, note and compare. See if this really helps or hurts the corps.....if we can really tell.

Maybe Phantom has done this before, but I don't think so. The corps likes to keep the uniform much more of a secret than the theme. Music for the theme is kept quiet for a while too. So, so far we know only the theme.

I believe, in the past here on DCP, some corps have tried to delay these announcements for various reasons - competition, expectations, and other things we have discussed in length.

There seems to be a lot of people who consider this year to be Phantom's 're-building' year. So why not put the show out there. We haven't seen a list of the actual song choices - have we? But at least the auditioners know that at least one traditional Phantom favorite will be in the show.

It will be interesting to watch, note and compare. See if this really helps or hurts the corps.....if we can really tell.

I remember the 2003 show being announced VERY VERY VERY early

NESSUN DORMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :worthy: :worthy:

........I know I am going to break down and cry the first time I hear Nessun Dorma played during the camps or maybe even auditions.....

Can't wait to hear what other selections become part of the show and to see if this year's uniforms are as 'theatric' as last year's! :smile:

Edited by rkfdPRphan
  • Like 1