The 2011 "Phone Books" are coming

Over the weekend, the Person who runs the Drum Corps International Facebook page posted a picture of them showing a test Blu-ray disc of the 2011 World Championships. Someone asked if we could be told when the discs would ship and the Person who runs the Drum Corps International Facebook page replied that they should be shipping soon.

So, I've started this topic for all of those who have pre-ordered the discs, whether Blu-ray, DVD or even just the CD's ... I thought it might be a good idea to let others know when the discs might be shipping by telling others when DCI drafts your account.

Mine has not been drafted yet for the DVD/CD bundle i purchased, but I expect it anytime within the next two weeks since the DCI store said they are expected to ship by November 15.

I also think that it might be interesting to see what people ordered and what the first thing they'll watch will be.

I, myself, ordered two sets. I upgraded my Fan Network membership from the Live level to the Live+Blu after Finals Week when it dropped to $70 instead of $110 so it was an even better deal than normal. But, since I also watch these things with friends who don't have Blu-ray, and because the Blu-ray doesn't have everyone ... I got my normal bundle. Since 2004, I have gotten the bundle with both Volume 1 (Top 12) and Volume 2 (Everyone Else) along with the CD of everyone. Before that, it was the VHS version of that same exact Bundle.

Then, once I do get my Blu-ray, of course the first thing I will watch is Crown 2011.

Discuss!

• Like 2

All of my favorite moments from the season:

-BD-Say a little prayer

-Crown- Paint it black

-Bluestars- Intro through drumbreak

-SCV- Intro

-Cadets- Drum feature

-Bluecoats- Creep

-Blue Knights- Drum Feature

• Like 2

My Dad ordered the Blu-Ray's with his fan network subscription. He has to borrow my PS3 to play them so I get first dibs!

My order of play:

Madison

Madison

Madison

Blue Knights

Bluecoats

Phantom

SCV

Cadets

I'll probably let him watch after that then I'll get around to the rest! :thumbup:

• Like 1

My Dad ordered the Blu-Ray's with his fan network subscription. He has to borrow my PS3 to play them so I get first dibs!

My order of play:

Madison

Madison

Madison

Blue Knights

Bluecoats

Phantom

SCV

Cadets

I'll probably let him watch after that then I'll get around to the rest! :thumbup:

I think you forgot Madison.

• Like 1

I think you forgot Madison.

You see I thought he said Madison 3 times because that's how many times he'd need to watch their 2011 show to actually see a full 12-17 minutes of Drum Corps.... :ph34r:

I now realise saying Madison twice should be enough.

• Like 2

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=8534f74d-3c3f-4df6-9405-099875fb2aeb

This summer we reached out to the corps and asked them to move their speakers a few feet forward from where they were typically used to setting them. So the corps’ speakers moved a little bit closer to the audience, and we moved our mic stands closer to the front sideline to try to put them on the backside of the speaker cabinets.

Since we don't have the amplified sound blasting straight into our field mics, it's made quite a significant difference. We can now actually control the volume of the pit a little bit better. By moving the microphones closer to the field you also get a greater presence from the performers on the field whether it's the drums or brass.

:thumbup::music:

^ Saw that too. :thumbup:

So, I just got an e-mail from DCI regarding my pre-order of the DVD's. This e-mail is a Receipt/Purchase Confirmation. Then, I check my bank account and the money has been taken out! So, it seems that they are on their way! DCI did say over the weekend that they thought the chances of the orders shipping this week was good ... but I had no idea they'd start on Monday! I'm going to call them in a bit to see if this means my Blu-ray is shipping too since I did that through the Fan Network and already paid for it. Hopefully they're smart enough to package them together.

Anyway, it's time! :thumbup:

• Like 1