Favorite Crossmen Show Ever

Favorite Crossmen Show  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Crossmen Show?

• 1977- Marche Slave, Let's Hear It For Me, Nadia's Theme, Bless The Beasts And The Children, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1978- Jazz Rhapsody, Something, It's Gonna Be A Great Day (from Funny Lady), Let's Hear It For Me (from Funny Lady), Tico Tico, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1980- Pictures De España, Tiger Of San Pedro, Spanish Fantasy, Jack Miraculous, Superman Medley
    • 1981- Explosion, Something, Spanish Fantasy, Bustling, Overture To Rocky II
    • 1982- Artistry In Rhythm, Shoshana, Canto Del Viento, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1984- Ruslan And Lyudmila, Shoshana, Canto Del Viento, Let Me Try Again
    • 1989- Wind Machine, The Waltz, How High The Moon
    • 1990- Baroque Samba, 'Round Midnight, Caravan, Now Or Never
    • 1991- "Pat Metheny Suite" Minuano, Dream Of The Return, Third Wind
    • 1992- "Songs for the Planet Earth" Begin Sweet World, Appalachian Morning, The Four Elements, The Rain Forest, Under The Sun
    • 1993- "Songs for the Planet Earth Part II: A Celebration of Humanity" Fanfare For The Common Man, Myth America, Koto Song, River Music, Frieda, Anthem For Humanity
    • 1994- "Songs for the Planet Earth Part III: Suite Children" Land Of Make Believe, Children Will Listen (from Into The Woods), Pop Goes The Weasel, Songs For The Planet Earth Finale
    • 1995- The School For Scandal Overture, Symphony for Brass and Percussion
    • 1996- "The Voices of Jazz" The Sultan Fainted, A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square, Birdland
    • 1997- "The Colors of Jazz" Birdland, You Are My Sunshine, Niner-Two
    • 1998- "The Music of Pat Metheny" Third Wind, Letter From Home, First Circle
    • 1999- "Changing Perspectives: A Silver Celebration" Blue Shades, When October Goes, Appalachian Morning
    • 2000- "Clubbin' with The Crossmen" In The Mood, Caravan, Nobody Does Me (Like You Do), Birdland
    • 2001- "Late Night Jazz" Harlem Nocturne, Flyin' Home, Guaguanco, Fire Dance
    • 2002- "The Signature Series" Heat Of The Day, Candle In The Window (from Civil War: Our Story In Song), Strawberry Soup
    • 2003- "Color" Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Welcome To The St. James Club, Blue Rondo A La Turk, Count Bubba
    • 2004- "E Pluribus Unum" Jubal Step, Both Sides, Now Puma, First Circle
    • Other

1992... the drill, that drum line and the melodies of the music choices... I listen and watch over and over, it never gets old. Their best by a long shot!

'97 all the way. Amazing version of Birdland that year.

'91, but '92, and '76-78 were all faves too.

Top 5:

2002 - This was just one of those shows that just clicked when I watched it, one of my all time favorite shows.

1992 - Everything. Close 2nd to 02, amazing drum feature and that ending is just gorgeous!

1990 - Haven't ever watched it, but I've listened to the audio too many times.

2011 - I love resurgences, and this was an amazing one!

1998 - Awesome drum line.

Looks like from a few comments above, 2012 is going to be sick. Can't wait! :thumbup:

Edited by DrumManTx

'92 was absolutely awesome and coincidentally the percussion break into the loud horns was the FIRST thing I ever heard from DCI. Of course, it certainly wasn't anywhere near the last. :satisfied:

This was an easy choice for me.....Crossmen 1990. That truly put Crossmen back on the map in a 'big' way. All you 1992 fans...queue up 1990 and give it try.....

This longtime Crossmen fan is really hoping Crossmen stay the course in the years to come with that crossmen jazz/groove we all love.... :worthy:

1990 wasn't my cup of team from them... Glad they had that year to climb back into finals. The white bell front horns were neat. I just didn't like the horn arrangements. I know I must be bad or something because so many others liked it. Bones did rock the next several years though! worthy.gif