Visual effects we have yet to see on the field

Tarpon Springs High School utilized trampolines and hydraulic lifts in their show this year (as well as the lift last year) to create another dimension of height.

Cadets did similar, about the most realistic take you could do on that in the mid 80’s….had the entire corps spread at the start and pulled into a tight Cadets block for the first hit, had members running from the tunnel to make it to the formation, very cool effect

Human catapults, trampolines or a more simple heavy ball with massive ribbon thrown, maybe some of the far flying nerf toys, stripper poles

Will there be real strippers on the stripper poles? :tongue:

Life size manikins attached to real performers mimicing what they are doing...will make the corps look 3 times bigger (kinda like the commercial on TV right now for that new travel website)

"Avatar" the drum corps show?

:thumbup:

The Human Slinky

There will always be something new and captivating that we haven't yet seen on the field. I'm amazed by this act and was wondering what it might be to see an entire guard (or a number of guard members) do something like this on the field.

There have to be other examples out there of fascinating visual effects we've yet to see on the field. What are they?

a drum solo that isnt filled with gratuitous body moves

How might you feel about gratuitous body moves that aren't distracted by a drum solo? :shutup:

I keed, I keed. :ph34r:

• Like 2

How might you feel about gratuitous body moves that aren't distracted by a drum solo? :shutup:

I keed, I keed. :ph34r:

Ouch. Straight to the heart, Mike.

I've always visualized ways to use the vertical height of the field.

How about a scaffolding system that arcs the entire field and pushed back as close to the back line as possible, like the field is the amphitheater. Raise the drill and make it go vertical.

I recognize the logistics nightmare of building a scaffold that could go up, vertical, 25 yards. So then I started thinking about DCI doing it so every show with this layout.

And if they can do this...

statue-of-liberty.jpg

Edited by garfield