Where are the Carolina Crown performances on VOD?

Are music companies really that paranoid about people using the music? (I assume this is the music licensing problems) I mean, who besides band people are gonna listen to these versions? Is it really that big of deal?

Anyone know which Cavaliers song got flagged?

Where do these people come up with these bright ideas?

Did someone at DCI actually think "Let's spring it on them *after* we ship the DVDs" was a good idea ???? doh.gif

Knowing how much we complain?... That's how I'd do it. :tongue: Otherwise it's just an INCREDIBLE coincident.

So I just looked and I see they have pulled the Cavies and Crown off the Fan Network Entirely for 2011. Do you think those will be on the Blu-Rays? Did they know about this ahead of time and did they omit them from the Blu-Rays? Inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 1

Wait does this mean that all the #####ing about Madison not getting the full rights to ESOM mine is over.

Or does it still happen and all the people get ###### now because the beloved Crown and Cavies shows are gone, and Madison gets bad-mouthed, but there's no way it could be the Cavies or Crown's fault and we blame DCI and talk about how they are screwing people out of money?

Edited by elmhurstmusiced
  • Like 3

DCI has changed the notice on the Blu-Ray/DVD order page to include Carolina Crown and The Cavaliers along with the previous message about the Madison Scouts.

Note: Due to music licensing considerations, a portion of the video during the Madison Scouts performance is blacked out. The audio of the performance remains fully intact during the final two minutes of the production. Portions of the Carolina Crown's pre-show and approximately 30 seconds within the Cavaliers performance were removed to be compliant with Copyright Law and Intellectual Property Rights. The edits were completed in a manner that maintains the integrity of the corps' performances to the best of our ability.

I will also add that I bought the Crown studio recordings and they are excellent as always! At this time the preshow is still intact but with DCI editing the finals recordings and removing the previous APD's I wouldn't be surprised if Crown pulls the studio recordings down and edits them. So get them now while you still can!

Now see, that could have been done much earlier and with just as little time and effort. I know a lot of the folks at the DCI office and have great respect for them - but basic PR and information is sometimes not as good as it could be.

Mike

• Like 1

I will also add that I bought the Crown studio recordings and they are excellent as always! At this time the preshow is still intact but with DCI editing the finals recordings and removing the previous APD's I wouldn't be surprised if Crown pulls the studio recordings down and edits them. So get them now while you still can!

This shouldn't be the case. Crown already obtained rights to the song, so recordings from them should have no problem. (Not to mention DCI can still give the Audio, but not video with it.)

Luckily, people have cameras and have recorded all these parts of the shows and still have them archived. I wouldn't put it past a DCI Tech to take the full videos (which I assume they would still keep for an archive, not just compleatly delete it) and post them on youtube through their own account. xD

This shouldn't be the case. Crown already obtained rights to the song, so recordings from them should have no problem. (Not to mention DCI can still give the Audio, but not video with it.)

DCI had to edit out most of the preshow for the finals CDs because of the Rihanna parts. I highly doubt a copyright holder would say that a corps could sell unedited recordings while DCI would have to take it out of the recordings they issue.