Cadets 2012

Oh the offseason.

Receive vague information about a show...

"I just don't like this"

"gonna be a flop"

At least wait for full music and a show description before forming an opinion. I'd even accept waiting until you know, most members have been contracted.

• Like 3

They could have black backdrops, and from behind them, shoot lasers up on the black Lucas Oil Stadium curtain to create the effect of snowing, and the could make ice crystals and snowflakes and a snowman in the drill, and also stack their basses to make a snowman, and......

oh wait. Never mind

(wondering how many on here will understand the above reference????)

That was an interesting idea. I couldn't help but think to myself about how much money they spent on that one affect and wonder if they really got their money's worth. Does anyone know if that effect was designed specifically with that black curtain in mind? It seems like it would have to be. That's a lot of money to put together an effect for one weekend. If they have that to burn, then good for them. I can't imagine making that call though.

That was an interesting idea. I couldn't help but think to myself about how much money they spent on that one affect and wonder if they really got their money's worth. Does anyone know if that effect was designed specifically with that black curtain in mind? It seems like it would have to be. That's a lot of money to put together an effect for one weekend. If they have that to burn, then good for them. I can't imagine making that call though.

Which band did it? Maybe the effect was funded/donated by a booster parent or something. Sometimes you'd be surprised what kind of quirky talents or cool job a band parent can contribute with minimal/zero cost to the organization.

Which band used that effect?

William Mason from Ohio did that. It was really ingenious...wonder if BOA'll allow manipulation of the curtains past this year.

ANyone else realize Hop kind of looks like Ben Roethlisberger?

I, personally, thought he looked a little high. :P

Oh the offseason.

Receive vague information about a show...

"I just don't like this"

"gonna be a flop"

At least wait for full music and a show description before forming an opinion. I'd even accept waiting until you know, most members have been contracted.

You do realize that flop posts are an essential part of DCP, right? lol

Which band did it? Maybe the effect was funded/donated by a booster parent or something. Sometimes you'd be surprised what kind of quirky talents or cool job a band parent can contribute with minimal/zero cost to the organization.

From the article:

"A laser light show against the black backdrop of the stadium created the delicate effect of falling snow and thoroughly captivated the audience, as this type of special effect was new to Grand Nationals."

Laser projectors for the home are coming down in price.

...and then there's Christmas in July performed by the Bridgemen in 1985.

...and then there's the Christmas show performed by the Madison Heights Mauraders (Michigan) in the mid-60's. Complete with spinning large red and white stripped candy canes instead of rifles and sabers.