Your 2011 "Most" Awards

You mean where they split up the double tongue passage throughout the hornline? It's a lot easier than you think.

Yes sir! Same old Michael Klesch song and dance. Similar stuff he's done everywhere. He isn't afraid to cut people from parts, especially after a couple weeks in the season (when brass judges change how they sample). There were parts of at least one Klesch show (not at Crown) where only 12 people played, while the rest faked it, for 2 full minutes of the show.

Most Surprising: Spirit - These guys absolutely shocked me when I saw the first video of them on the fan-network. Holy cow. Early season when they were beating Bluecoats in GE visual and such, I was wondering what the heck was going on, then I saw the video. Awesome stuff.

Most Crowd Pleasing: Phantom Regiment - In San Antonio and at finals, they seemed to get the biggest crowd reaction, with that show, it's impossible not to. (CLOSE 2nd to Madison)

Best 12th - 17th place battles EVER: The top 3 traded all season, but that pack from Spirit to Crossmen was going ALL over the place early season, didn't know who to pick.

Best 11th place show ever: I know lots of people didn't like the show design as much for the Blue Stars, but for an eleventh place corps, that drumline, guard, and hornline were just ridiculous. (Still liked that show) <--- especially this!

Best Openers - Bluecoats, Phantom Regiment, and The Academy. Three different styles that all just worked like no other, if The Academy's and Bluecoats shows were up to the level of their openers, wow, coulda made already amazing shows......more amazing?

Best Ballads: The Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Blue Stars, Santa Clara Vanguard - Cadets and Phantom were just classic, The Bluecoats gutsy choice with quadrophonic sound was pretty well pulled off I think, Bostons bari soloist, Blue Stars goregeous ballad, and SCV's amazing one made for some beautiful music.

Best Closers: The Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, and Boston Crusaders - The Cadets and Bostons were just classic, grand, and high energy finishes. Phantom ends the greatest love story of all time the way it should, and Vanguards had just that right mix of beauty, but mystic feel that you had just escaped something bad, but it still is a little with you.

This, all of this

I consider myself to be a Crown, Coats, Cadets, Stars fan haha :P

• Like 3

Most whistle-able Show:

Can I get an Amen?

• Like 3

May I ask what you were confused about with the BK show?

My perspective was there wasn't really anything like "cool" about it. Yes it was clean and I'm not trying to discredit members, but it was just kind of meh. Even though it was using 9/11 to an advantage Scouts had ESOM at the end to get people going, Phantom had their whole show, Bluecoats opener, Boston's ballad. That's just my opinion, but ya just nothing that really was memorable.

That's just my opinion, but ya just nothing that really was memorable.

Obviously you're not a drummer...

I'm a brass guy and I loved the show. Especially the drumming.

And the rep was great.

Check my signature. (Edit....lol just realized I didn't have what instrument I play, but ya I'm a drummer). Been drumming for awhile. Yes the strap drumstick swinging part was interesting.......but not enough to really get a WOW. It was kind of more a hmm cool.

Edited by platesfan

Most forgetful year - 2011

Don't mean to be a negative Nancy but 2011 just didn't do anything for me at all.

I was extremely disappointed by the following:

Crown - Every university ever had done almost the same show.

SCV - I was expecting something a lot more intense. I haven't watched it in awhile but I always confuse it with the Bartok show (I might be confusing and combing the two again.)

Boston & Blue Stars - no comment.

On the upside:

Most Memorable Opening - Bluecoats - get any modern song and arrange and visually design it like that - it'll be a hit.

Most memorable Ending - (even thought the camera angle is wrong) - Phantom.

(by camera angle I mean when they captured it they got a shot facing the crowd so "juliet" is just sliding the sword behind her so it just looks silly.)

Most Groove or Flow (at least when I watched them) - The Crossmen - I can't give this to Madison because the whole running around with audio was too long and too much, the Crossmen's show flowed nicely from start to finish and didn't make me wonder how long it had been since they had started. Excited to see them again.

I know everybody worked hard on everything, yadda yadda, this is just my opinion. I can have those, right?