2011 DCA Retreat Question

OK, watching the DVDs and heard that "unique" command.....

Question is.... who was it....?

And it wasn't that poor soul trying to speed things up with his announcing.... :tongue:

absolutely... Gil took the mic himself... I was standing right next to him...

As they say in the movies - very "Presidential" of him...

I still don't think my sporran has dried out from that night... :tongue:

Thanks all... Could tell whoever it was, did not have a Central PA accent. :tongue:

In between Frans announcing you can hear what sounded like rain hitting... well everything. Memories of 1975 DCA with a total empty field, IIRC we went from DM only retreat to just announcing the scores to an empty field. Also 1985 ICA and I can't remember if we did a full retreat during that monsoon or not (think we did).

Kris must be getting used to going to Finals as even she caught this was "different". Sure caught me by surprise.

Edit: Think the Governmental term was "executive decision".

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Thank you Gil!! :thumbup: We were getting soaked on the field. I just am thankful the rain held off until retreat so the corps and the fans could enjoy finals.

On a side note and I still harass him for it: Allen Buell not only had his infamous umbrella with him, but had somebody actually holding it for him during retreat!! :worthy: Way to go VP!

• Like 1

Thank you Gil!! :thumbup: We were getting soaked on the field. I just am thankful the rain held off until retreat so the corps and the fans could enjoy finals.

On a side note and I still harass him for it: Allen Buell not only had his infamous umbrella with him, but had somebody actually holding it for him during retreat!! :worthy: Way to go VP!

When I look at the photos from that "wet" night I do ask myself "Did I really have the County Executive hold the umbrella for me while I spoke"?????? Oh well... Still not as bad as the first year when I called the Mayor the wrong name in front of thousands of people... : )

When I look at the photos from that "wet" night I do ask myself "Did I really have the County Executive hold the umbrella for me while I spoke"?????? Oh well... Still not as bad as the first year when I called the Mayor the wrong name in front of thousands of people... : )

especially since he's now the Lieutenant Governor...