What's with all the hate for BD

For the record, the focus of my picture is intended to be the face, not the uniform; the joke is that "Impossibru!" face + Bluecoats uniform = ImpossiBrucoats! Or something to that effect.

Full picture:

428619_2637063126859_1263914812_32117634_77412835_n.jpg

Original meme, for reference: http://knowyourmeme....emes/impossibru

Furthermore, I am by no means trying to be a troll. I am merely sharing my opinions in answer to the OP's questions, and what I perceive (though that perception does not seem to be shared) to be logical reasons for my opinions. And my experiences have been only with the recent (2008 and later) drum corps community, and it is only these recent years to which I refer.

Also for the record, I am not a recent age-out but a current marching member of a particular west coast corps that will not be mentioned by name here so as to not let it be dragged into this mess as well.

And now, back to the haters :rolleyes:

Edited by laser.lemon
  • Like 3

For the record, the focus of my picture is intended to be the face, not the uniform; the joke is that "Impossibru!" face + Bluecoats uniform = ImpossiBrucoats! Or something to that effect.

Full picture:

428619_2637063126859_1263914812_32117634_77412835_n.jpg

Original meme, for reference: http://knowyourmeme....emes/impossibru

Furthermore, I am by no means trying to be a troll. I am merely sharing my opinions in answer to the OP's questions, and what I perceive (though that perception does not seem to be shared) to be logical reasons for my opinions. And my experiences have been only with the recent (2008 and later) drum corps community, and it is only these recent years to which I refer.

Also for the record, I am not a recent age-out but a current marching member of a particular west coast corps that will not be mentioned by name here so as to not let it be dragged into this mess as well.

And now, back to the haters :rolleyes:

Classy.

• Like 1

Just trying to answer the questions/accusations/assumptions leveled at me :smile:

And seriously, don't tell me I'm the only fan of the "Drum Corps Memes" page on Facebook...?

• Like 3

Just trying to answer the questions/accusations/assumptions leveled at me :smile:

And seriously, don't tell me I'm the only fan of the "Drum Corps Memes" page on Facebook...?

I suspect many haven't because it's only been around since February 12, less than a month ago. Thanks for mentioning it. Here's the link to the Facebook page that laser.lemon is talking about.

Edited by Michael Boo

Really...laserlemon...you should just embrace your hater status. It's ok - we may bash you for it, but it is your right. We all have the right to hate.

So just come out...you'll feel much better!

Life's too short to live someone else's life (thanks Steve Jobs...I stole your line...)

• Like 1

BD, I think more than any other corps, has mastered the art of designing shows to take maximum advantage of the judging sheets. The criticism some people have (varying from year to year) seems to be centered around this rather clinical approach, and the disappointment that they (the critics) feel because the show has been designed (so they say) with fan entertainment as an afterthought. I can bring up plenty of issues that *I* have with the way BD designs their shows, both visually and musically. I can also bring up plenty of features that BD does better than anyone else, every single year. Whether you love their shows or not, BD (99 times out of 100) will out-execute their opponents on the field. This is why they're always in the Top 5. I think too many critics take their lack of enjoyment of BD's shows and weigh that more heavily than the actual performance level they are witnessing.

I loved 2007 and 2008 (even though I agreed with Phantom winning in 08), but I can't stand 2009, and I've been so-so on their past two shows. It's all a matter of opinion. In my book, BD has their share of "under-rated" and "over-rated" shows, as does every other corps in the activity.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Thank you Hostrauser!

• Like 1

Classy.

kinda like your pic in your sig

Edited by Jeff Ream

kinda like your pic in your sig

FWIW, the picture he posted is funny. Everything else...isn't.

I see nothing wrong with glorifying today's marching bands!