Last DCI season ever?

I sincerely hope none of the educated folk here on DCP believe the world is ending just because Nostradamus alluded to it and so, some believe, the Mayan calendar...Especially since Nostradamus had a penchant for being wildly wrong and the end of the Mayan calendar meant to the Mayans a new beginning, not an absolute end of everything, (not to mention that the calendar that's coming to an end was the second one to do so).

Besides, didn't the world end when DCI allowed amps...and again when electronics were legalized? :w00t::devil::ph34r::shutup::tongue:

9148130.jpg

• Like 1

I predict whoever has the highest score wins.

and that people will make predictions

"the world ended when a valve was put on a bugle". Great answer to a good question. Great history on the senior side of DCP. I hope everyone will look at these topics and threads and not confine themselves to their current world. This history is very rich, but rather than go into dreamland, may we play with this idea?

If you know you are going to being incinerated in 2012, name 5 people (other than beloved relatives) who you want to go with and tell us why.

Separate topic perhaps? How do I set it up?

"the world ended when a valve was put on a bugle". Great answer to a good question...

The world ended when lugs replaced ropes on the side of field drums. Then some hoity-toity musical snobs started calling them snare drums. And you know what else they did? They took off the skin heads and replaced them with plastic. PLASTIC! And the world ended again.

If this post was on the historical junior corps forum, are you sure people would agree with you when you say the world didn’t end when they allowed amps and electronics? I think some fans believe they are walking among the living dead and DCI is a prolonged purgatory!

When amps were voted in and later, when electronics were legalized, all I did was walk towards the light. I don't really remember much since.

For some reason, this topic reminds me of the following I posted on DCP a couple years ago.

Dateline 1890

Jezebel, verily, it's been a long time betwixt writings. Gramercy if prithee you betimes shrive me and vouchsafe me your rede, wherefore, forsooth, methinks I've been lamenting the current state of our welkin drum corps activity.

The arrangers have discovered this fain whipper-snapper sirrah named John Philip Sousa, whence his palter cacophony has durst become a fardel on moe fields of green like the flood waters upon Johnstown last year. The man is out to cozen and then cap-a-pie fordo drum corps. I have a friend who works for C.G. Conn who says they are working with JP on an instrument that could replace our beloved hélicons. And the folks at Conn are belike naming the inferno creature after Sousa himself. Sousa wants corps to march only at 120 beats-per-minute, the tempo of his inferno mote marches. Fie! My heart is pained by the thought we shall not return from the new bourn.

There is also a swain cornetist by the name of Herbert L. Clarke who is haply stirring things up with the most hideous of flamboyant cornet solos. I shudder the thought of such bruit joining those of Sousa's on the field. I fear we will soon no longer hear the likes of Stephen Foster's "Old Folks at Home." If it comes to the nonce anon when I can't be humming the opening line, "Way down upon the Swanee River" as I have become wont as I leave the stadium, fay, by the rood, I don't know what I'll do with my grief in the morrow. Withal, I suspect it means Morris Dances on the field shall avaunt. It makes me see incarnadine gules. Alack, I holp ere our orisons beseech the atomies lieges of drum corps so that thine take reck. Zounds!

• Like 1

the Mayan calendar... the end of the Mayan calendar meant to the Mayans a new beginning, not an absolute end of everything, (not to mention that the calendar that's coming to an end was the second one to do so).

It all went down hill with the Mayan Calendar when the Spanish Inquisition banned the pin up version of the Mayan Calendar, and sales plummeted worldwide as a result.

Edited by BRASSO

The end of the world will be caused by at meteor, however, in a last ditch effort by the UN to save the world, they will gather all the drum corps of the world, and bring them together in an undisclosed possition, face them towards the meteor, and all the corps of the world will play "malaguena" as loud as possible, thus, blowing up the meteor with the longest, loudest wall of sound ever. However, human race will still end, on the count of every single baby in the world being thrown as the result. THE END.

Edited by TubaJon