Are there any tuba spots left in WC?

I believe The Boston Crusaders are also on the lookout for tubas, if you are interested. Camp attendance is not necessarily a must at this point for you. Just send an email if you'd like to know more! - brass@crusaders.com

His #1 concern seemed to be convenience. He has nothing to lose by contacting Crown. Crown has nothing to lose by auditioning him.

Wow, DCP is testy these days.

:thumbup:

I believe The Boston Crusaders are also on the lookout for tubas, if you are interested. Camp attendance is not necessarily a must at this point for you. Just send an email if you'd like to know more! - brass@crusaders.com

And they have their camps in Bradenton, Florida, which could be eight hours from him, depending on where he lives in South Carolina.

I am not bashing by any means, but I had some friends very close to me audition for crown, and they said that they didn't like it. So Im going to take their word for it. And yes Mr Boo was correct, I do live in Columbia, SC. I contacted crossmen and teal, I am currently waiting for replies. I sent troopers videos, but they said heavy guys like me would get hurt so they turned me away. It's not looking good right now, but this is only a small part of the battle. Thanks for all of your suggestions guys. (and the occasional gal)

Thanks for the suggestion of Surf, but I live in SC, so plane tickets are a huge factor.

SC to NJ is relatively close in comparison to these other corps. Maybe you should try Crown then? ph34r.gif

What other corps would be closer really?

Edited by jjeffeory

I am not bashing by any means, but I had some friends very close to me audition for crown, and they said that they didn't like it. So Im going to take their word for it. And yes Mr Boo was correct, I do live in Columbia, SC. I contacted crossmen and teal, I am currently waiting for replies. I sent troopers videos, but they said heavy guys like me would get hurt so they turned me away. It's not looking good right now, but this is only a small part of the battle. Thanks for all of your suggestions guys. (and the occasional gal)

Not to diminish the opinion of your friends, but there are probably foods they don't like that you like, movies they didn't like that you liked, and corps auditioning experiences they didn't like that may not hit you the same way. In any case, experience auditioning is experience to the good.

As for being, like me, a "full-figured" person, there's a difference between being big and being fit. (Look at Olympic Greco-Roman wrestlers for an example.) Most corps these days have a fitness regime you could start following to get in the kind of shape you would need to be in to not get injured.

I took a lucky guess with Columbia because I needed a city for the MapQuest distances, and Columbia was the most central major city in the state.

There are corps out there who would cherish having a tubist with heart and talent. Please don't give up looking. And if you don't march this year, you'll still learn some things that can help you out in the future.

And Mr. Boo was my dad. I'm just Mike, or Boo, or your favorite expletive.

And Mr. Boo was my dad. I'm just Mike, or Boo, or your favorite expletive.

Then there is the all purpose "Hey You". :tongue:

Good luck to the poster, if things don't work out this season don't forget to check the map for the All-Age corps. No idea if the distance would work for you but getting experience on the "other side" couldn't hurt. You wouldn't be the first who has done it.

• Like 1