Rockford, IL to get it's very own Junior Corps. We'll about t

Hey that's neat!!!! Though kind of sad in a way. Phantom Regiment used to have a Cadet and a PRE-Cadet Corps (much like Blue Devils C) that used to have the same age and serve the same purpose. Whatever happened to that? Kind of wish those two corps still existed. Even more, I wish more than BD, SCV, Colts and Cadets would have SOME sort of an in house feeder corps. There used to be a lot more who did. Seems like feeder corps are a dying breed. Glad to know someone is starting THIS ^ whether affiliated with Phantom or not. Looking forward to updates and hopefully some eventual youtube videos from parades and other performances.

• Like 2

Well, at least it's something that will cater to the local kids. Sounds like a great thing!

• Like 2

Hey that's neat!!!! Though kind of sad in a way. Phantom Regiment used to have a Cadet and a PRE-Cadet Corps (much like Blue Devils C) that used to have the same age and serve the same purpose. Whatever happened to that? Kind of wish those two corps still existed. Even more, I wish more than BD, SCV, Colts and Cadets would have SOME sort of an in house feeder corps. There used to be a lot more who did. Seems like feeder corps are a dying breed. Glad to know someone is starting THIS ^ whether affiliated with Phantom or not. Looking forward to updates and hopefully some eventual youtube videos from parades and other performances.

Blue Stars still have the Blue Star Cadets. http://www.bluestarcadets.org/

Edited by noneofyourbusiness
  • Like 1

Jeff, this is the best news I have heard all weekend. I wish them all the best! Perhaps this could start a trend back to local neighborhood corps and units that focus on local gigs. The pay is good for music units in the area too and parade committees are always looking for live music groups.

Lord knows I don't want to start something, but that sure looks like the front loop of a Dynasty G Baritone on the table in that newspaper foto.

:cool:

Blue Stars still have the Blue Star Cadets. http://www.bluestarcadets.org/

Technically, aren't the Blue Stars the Blue Star Cadets?

Lord knows I don't want to start something, but that sure looks like the front loop of a Dynasty G Baritone on the table in that newspaper foto.

:cool:

I think it makes perfect sense for a small start-up corps to start on g bugles. They are easy to come by used and relatively inexpensive, and from a pedagogical standpoint, if they are teaching kids with absolutely no music experience the kids will all be looking at the same notes. No bass clef/treble clef or Bb/F confusion.

• Like 1

I think it makes perfect sense for a small start-up corps to start on g bugles. They are easy to come by used and relatively inexpensive, and from a pedagogical standpoint, if they are teaching kids with absolutely no music experience the kids will all be looking at the same notes. No bass clef/treble clef or Bb/F confusion.

I find your statement noble, and understand your point of view; I mean we are talking about a small non-profit that is probably very limited on funds. However, using that same line of reasoning, I am wondering if you would agree with this following statement: I think it makes perfect sense for a small start-up computer class to start on Commodores. They are easy to come by used on Ebay and relatively inexpensive, and from a pedagogical standpoint, if they are teaching kids with absolutely no computer experience the kids will all be looking at the same keyboards.

• Like 2

I find your statement noble, and understand your point of view; I mean we are talking about a small non-profit that is probably very limited on funds. However, using that same line of reasoning, I am wondering if you would agree with this following statement: I think it makes perfect sense for a small start-up computer class to start on Commodores. They are easy to come by used on Ebay and relatively inexpensive, and from a pedagogical standpoint, if they are teaching kids with absolutely no computer experience the kids will all be looking at the same keyboards.

Come on Stu, lets not kill stuff off in my hometown BEFORE it even has a chance to start! I don't think the main idea is to make highly educated musicians here - just to get the music 'bug' going again in a town that NEEDS SOMETHING!!!!

I'm excited to see how this works. We've tried other ideas (garbage bands, percussion groups).....and they flurished for a couple of years. Maybe the time for this idea has come!

(guess I need to hurry home after the Cedarburg, WI, 4th of July parade to go see this one)

• Like 1