A request for the Blue Devils

People hated the Yankees back in their glory days too, but they put fannies in the seats everywhere they went.

True. Things change. Now the Yankees can't fill their seats around home plate in their new digs except with spiders and cobwebs.

Edited by BRASSO

IMHO the alternative is breaking up the team. Too easy to throw in the towel if you start doing re-treads. Boredom is the death knell of design.

who said do retreads? Hell pick something I don't know, just have extended melodic phrases as opposed to running around or doing poses playing donuts while the battery rams

who said do retreads? Hell pick something I don't know, just have extended melodic phrases as opposed to running around or doing poses playing donuts while the battery rams

I don't necessarily disagree and don't want to try to guess what's in their minds...but perhaps they think they've "been there - done that" and are continually looking for something 'new'.

I wrote a review of the '10 show (audio only) over the summer, and I agree. Once you get past the tags from La Suerte, and that whole early 2 minute segment where the show just... sits there... the production picks back up and it fits right in to that "Kenton" BD sound - many of the same chord structures and sequences will make fans of the '91 show feel right at home.

Anyways, to the grand point, I say... entertain me. I care not how. Go full-on Blue Man and use video screens and an electric band. Just make me say "wow!"

Mike

I like your comments; '10 was the first live DC show I attended in decades, saw the visual, bought the CD. The CD savours the "Kenton" BD sound. Delicious :D

your logic confuses me, your asking them to on purposely suck ### in favor for your needs to be satisfied?

Yes, you ARE "confused" as you confess. Because I NEVER said anything close to that stupid statement you just made. "Suck ###"? Really? Is that what you think I said? If so, you're wrong. I never said any such thing unless asking them to re-visit their musical style from perhaps 1986, 1988 or 1990 is asking them to "suck ###". If anyone things those years "sucked ###" they are an idiot. Get real and stop putting words in my mouth.

you are strange strange man...

And you are a troll.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 4

Yes, you ARE "confused" as you confess. Because I NEVER said anything close to that stupid statement you just made. "Suck ###"? Really? Is that what you think I said? If so, you're wrong. I never said any such thing unless asking them to re-visit their musical style from perhaps 1986, 1988 or 1990 is asking them to "suck ###". If anyone things those years "sucked ###" they are an idiot. Get real and stop putting words in my mouth.

And you are a troll.

you said they should not care about winning and do a show thats 4th or 5th place material, just for a year. I don't know if you realize what corps your talking about but just to remind you, this corps hasn't placed below 2nd place since 2006 and haven't placed below 5th in over 30 years. I don't think they would be "ok" with not caring about winning. if your gonna send pm's to me with the caps lock on, internet screaming about how I need to grow up, then you need to come back down to earth if you think a corps will just "not care about winning." Get real before you try to get me.

Edited by bariman321
  • Like 2

IMHO the alternative is breaking up the team. Too easy to throw in the towel if you start doing re-treads. Boredom is the death knell of design.

Agreed. And the interesting thing is that the OP is asking for them to return to the past (albeit with the right motivation for him personally)....but I don't think re-tread is in BD's design DNA anymore. And to clarify...they did returned to the past in 2010, but in a way that was unacceptable to their critics (or older fans). Brasso's comments about the ascendency of visual is the bottom line...and no one knows that better than the very visual BD designers.

• Like 1

True. Things change. Now the Yankees can't fill their seats around home plate in their new digs except with spiders and cobwebs.

Not really...baseball attendance in general has declined with the economy, but the NY Yankees are still first in attendance. In fact, they have been ranked first in attendance every year starting in 2003. the last time they were below 3rd was 1997...actually the 90's was their worst attendance ranking decade since the 1900's.

Yankee's attendance

I don't necessarily disagree and don't want to try to guess what's in their minds...but perhaps they think they've "been there - done that" and are continually looking for something 'new'.

even the 02 Cavies show, which I dislike despite near universal love, was new, and had melodic content for extended periods.

part of the problem IMO is visual, while 50% of the number is more important than music. BD's smart enough to capitalize on it. here's hoping the tweaks in the judging system level it out and make the activity 50/50 again