SCV Corps Jacket Sold on eBay

eBay doesn't releaae the info of winning bidders ( to prevent spam)...

Yes, because clearly this is a matter of national security, and the poor kid who was stupid enough to have his jacket seized along with his storage unit has committed an act of treason against his drum corps.

Lighten up, Francis. It's a freakin' jacket. It'll look great hanging on some corps fan's wall.

At least the person who bought from the storage locker didn't think: "Hey I could use that when I'm out in the tow truck. Would keep me warm while I'm crawling under a car hooking up the chains." :cool:

s/ Son of former tow truck (aka "wrecker") operator.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Any word on who bought the jacket? I would hope that the jacket be returned to the hall, and if Brian ever comes back to claim it, have a firm talking to by some of the other alumni from that season....

if you have deep beliefs about what should be done with the jacket, then you should've bought it. Otherwise... meh.

• Like 1

Just a jacket from a kid's marching band, not a Purple Heart.

Seller clearly didn't know what it was, buyer likely didn't either, maybe just thought it was cool. Sort of like an old school FFA jacket.

Anyway, not a big deal... but probably a bummer for the original owner.

• Like 1

I just think it's hilarious that people were calling for a search and ID'ing of an individual with a jacket matching this description. And that the conversation took a dive into "I've demanded my wife bury me in my marching band coat!"

Srsly. Ossim thread is ossim.

• Like 2

At least the person who bought from the storage locker didn't think: "Hey I could use that when I'm out in the tow truck. Would keep me warm while I'm crawling under a car hooking up the chains." :cool:

s/ Son of former tow truck (aka "wrecker") operator.

I had someone request me to loan them my Cavaliers jacket because they needed to crawl under their car. I'm guessing I should feel insulted that it was Don Warren.

• Like 1

I just think it's hilarious that people were calling for a search and ID'ing of an individual with a jacket matching this description. And that the conversation took a dive into "I've demanded my wife bury me in my marching band coat!"

Srsly. Ossim thread is ossim.

Yep this thread should definitely be in the running for DCP Best Thread of the Year :-)

Yessss! And my first post too!