SCV Corps Jacket Sold on eBay

Along these same lines, I had an uncle who owned/operated a screen printing and embroidery business. One day a guy (approx 18-20 yrs old), came in with a plain jacket in the same style as the Blue Devils member jackets. He told my uncle what he wanted put on the jacket (imagine this, he wanted it to look just like a BD member jacket). My uncle, being the upstanding former member of the Anaheim Kingsmen, did the jacket for him. The only difference was, he added "Fan Club" on the back underneath all the lettering about Concord Blue Devils. Needless to the guy was super ticked, but he didn't really argue with my uncle, and my uncle was kind enough not to charge him for the work!!! :bluedevil:

I guess the price of a jacket is pretty cheap these days. It only costs money, and not all the hard work, dedication, blood, sweat, and tears that the rest of the members put in.

• Like 3

I had someone request me to loan them my Cavaliers jacket because they needed to crawl under their car. I'm guessing I should feel insulted that it was Don Warren.

Haha! tongue.gif

He probably could get you a new one without all of the patches except one...

Although I never had a member jacket, I was given a staff jacket (16 years ago). I'm not a jacket kind of guy so I've never worn it. This thread inspired me to contact the corps for a return, they are looking forward to receiving it. I do hope it finds a good home.

Hi folks,

An auction on eBay featuring a Santa Clara Vanguard Member Jacket recently ended.

Here's a link to it (with all of the pertinent details):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... true&rt=nc

NOTE: The jacket doesn't have a "Member Patch" on either sleeve (1994)

Please keep an eye out for this jacket at any upcoming Drum Corps shows / Events. I'll be on the lookout at DCI West (Stanford) and Pacific Procession (this year and every year for the rest of my life). If you see the guy wearing this jacket be sure to ask for his ID...

Jason Nuckels

SCV 1986

South San Francisco Conquistadors 1984-85

Wow ... do people still wear jackets and pretend they marched somewhere? I think it was a lot easier to pull off before Facebook etc. ...

Wow ... do people still wear jackets and pretend they marched somewhere? I think it was a lot easier to pull off before Facebook etc. ...

I know one individual who has been busted lying about marching 3 different places

• Like 1

as a civilian that works with lots of military people, this pisses me off to no end.

Same job here but have a civilian (don't think he ever served) who wears camo when he plays his bugle for Taps and other occasions. Wears camo all day at work when he does ("Look at me") and some of the miltary are NOT happy he does it.

Same job here but have a civilian (don't think he ever served) who wears camo when he plays his bugle for Taps and other occasions. Wears camo all day at work when he does ("Look at me") and some of the miltary are NOT happy he does it.

As a ten year member of Bugles Across America I ask that you to not become too obsessed with buglers playing Taps and their uniforms. While I don't wear the BAA approved uniform others do. Much work went into it's development so that it would make the bugler appear official without infringing upon the official military uniform. BAA uniform

Airborne Airborne have you heard....If you make it you'll have the right to blouse your boots higher.