SCV Corps Jacket Sold on eBay

I asked the seller how he got the jacket, he replied that it was one of the items won in a storage locker auction.

LMAO... Storage Wars!!!!!

Must happen a lot on eBay as some of the older corps items I've gone after orginally came from someones American Legion stuff. When I bought the Skeeters pin, I asked if there was any more corps stuff that would be going up for auction. Reply was No... but there was plenty of stuff from the Hackensack AL Post that was being gone thru.

Favorite was the 2v horn I bought when I was thinking of playing again. Asked the West Coast seller about the horns history. Reply was "asked the guy I'm selling it for and he said something about "Velvet Knights".... But that just doesn't sound right!".

LOL, sister has a side business of selling old books on eBay and Amazon... surprised what she can collect in a month considering she works 40 hrs a wk.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

A corps jacket is just "stuff." As a FMM (though not with SCV), I understand and cherish the importance of a member jacket. I still have mine (from almost 15 years ago when I aged-out), and my wife still has hers (she aged-out 20 years ago). I find it sad when people try to pass off someone else's legacy and history as their own, but other than that none of this bothers me.

I mean... championship rings in sports are often sold. Often meaning... a lot more than you would think at first thought. Not everyone values the objects the same way.

Obviously I don't think people should claim to be in drum corps that haven't, but there are other instances of that too. If you just want it for a collection, I have no issues, but don't be like this guy:

Burton.jpg

It surprises me how this topic got so hot so fast. I'm no shrink, but I know that corps buy and sell equipment all the time and it's no big deal, however it appears that many people view corps jackets on a much more personal level.

Since one of the patches has a rose on it, that probably means Brian marched in the 2004 Rose Parade.

As for how the seller got the jacket...a few years back there were 2 BD 82 championship rings on ebay that both came from estate sales. In both cases, a BD alum bought them and returned them to the corps hall (so they stayed in the family).

I'll just shake my head sadly at someone who claims to march a corps they didn't....but if someone claims to have marched 84 BD and starts spreading crap about that year...THEN that person will get my mouth.

I'll just shake my head sadly at someone who claims to march a corps they didn't....but if someone claims to have marched 84 BD and starts spreading crap about that year...THEN that person will get my mouth.

I did a column a few years ago about someone who marched in The Cavaliers a few years before. He talked about the tour and how the season helped define him as a person. Jeff Fiedler put out a notice to alums asking if anyone remembered him, but no one did. He also wasn't on any rosters. He made it all up. I got additional info from him via e-mails prior to the publication of the article, but after I confronted him with what I found out, he never responded back.

I suspect that people who do this sort of thing do so because they haven't accomplished anything of substance in their real life, so they feel a need to create a false history to impress others.

I mailed several decks of Vanguard playing cards for Purim to my drum corps friends. Just $1.50 per pack. Available at the Vanguard Bingo Hall.

• Like 1

The original price for a member jacket wasn't paid in cash. I told my wife that if she decides to have me buried when I leave this world, it should be with my corps jacket on.

/priorities

Well as long as they're not wearing a corps jackets......

LOL, wonder if anyone here has seen Bill Ives collection of unis and corps jackets that he had at DCI last(?) year. The subject just me me think of that...

Note to self: Hide the corps jackets I bought off of eBay years back..... Westshoremen-Bonnie Scots and Pittsburgh Rockets....

SCV...Westshoremen-Bonnie Scots and Pittsburgh (?)...SVC...???

I asked the seller how he got the jacket, he replied that it was one of the items won in a storage locker auction.

If you read the eBay posting it was pretty clear that it wasn't a corps member who was selling it. It was listed as a "fantastic Marching band jacket" and the seller didn't have any idea what the patches or logos meant.