New Alumni Corps on the Scene...?

Andyroo

Yes John, the Bridgeport show IS the Barnum Festival. Also the top 5 corps from 2011 will be there along with Cabs Alum. Looks like a great show.

Ah - am I missing something here, Andy? Or are you???? :unsure: Last I checked, the Bridgeport show IS the Barnum. Perhaps I'm underestimating the depth of your rich toungue-in-cheek humor.

Incidentally, check the Barnum Festival website and look at the lineup for the Parade of Champions, both competing and exhibitions. Another great bargain at $5, and the first look at the reigning DCA Champs in the east this summer. :thumbup:

John, I thought you know me better than that. I was just trying to throw Andy Lisko off his stride. Instead, I gave you pause.... Oh well, one way or the other, my work here is done.

Incidentally, check the Barnum Festival website and look at the lineup for the Parade of Champions, both competing and exhibitions. Another great bargain at $5, and the first look at the reigning DCA Champs in the east this summer. :thumbup:

Totally agree, John... great lineup. Bushwackers, Hurricanes, Caballeros, Empire Statesmen, Buccaneers and Minnesota Brass... plus the alumni corps in exhibition. That is as good as it gets for an early-season DCA show.

All for five dollars. Amazing. Last year, the concert-side stands were filled, just like the "old days" at the Barnum Festival.

This year, with that lineup and that great price... I would think we'll see another big crowd.

Totally agree, John... great lineup. Bushwackers, Hurricanes, Caballeros, Empire Statesmen, Buccaneers and Minnesota Brass... plus the alumni corps in exhibition. That is as good as it gets for an early-season DCA show.

All for five dollars. Amazing. Last year, the concert-side stands were filled, just like the "old days" at the Barnum Festival.

This year, with that lineup and that great price... I would think we'll see another big crowd.

WooHoo!!

We're hoping to make it this year! thumbup.gif

http://www.barnumfestival.com/event/champions-on-parade/

This year’s show will have 5 of the top 10 DCA Drum Corps, Minnesota Brass 2011 DCA Champs, Reading Buccaneers, Empire Statesman, Connecticut Hurricanes, Hawthorne Caballeros and the Bushwackers. If you are a Drum Corp fan or just love music you will not want to miss this show.

The Barnum Festival has again made this event “AFFORDABLE AT ONLY $5.00”.

We will have exhibitions by, Park City Pride, Westchester Brassman and the Caballeros Alumni.

Gates open at 4:30 Show starts at 6:00 this is a rain or shine event.

Tickets will go on sale May 15th, 2012.

For more information, call 203.367.8495.

Here's the .pdf flyer

WooHoo!!

We're hoping to make it this year! thumbup.gif

http://www.barnumfestival.com/event/champions-on-parade/

This year’s show will have 5 of the top 10 DCA Drum Corps, Minnesota Brass 2011 DCA Champs, Reading Buccaneers, Empire Statesman, Connecticut Hurricanes, Hawthorne Caballeros and the Bushwackers. If you are a Drum Corp fan or just love music you will not want to miss this show.

The Barnum Festival has again made this event “AFFORDABLE AT ONLY $5.00”.

We will have exhibitions by, Park City Pride, Westchester Brassman and the Caballeros Alumni.

Gates open at 4:30 Show starts at 6:00 this is a rain or shine event.

Tickets will go on sale May 15th, 2012.

For more information, call 203.367.8495.

Here's the .pdf flyer

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Brassmen. Every time we've been at the same show, I've been off doing something else - so I have yet to see them on the field. I'm going to make it a point to see them this time.

The Brassmen have a very very nice sound IMO.