Phantom Regiment 2012

Uh oh! sounds like PR suffers the first vehical break down of the season! Just got a report from my lady friend that one of the buses broke a shock! Best to get the bad luck out of the way early I suppose!

I am SO anxious to see them in action tonight in the movie theaters! Seeing the run-through video and other clips, this show feels like another special one from the Regiment. Also, I can't wait to see how they execute the uniform change. The blue dresses are STUNNING.

• Like 1

In the video from Akron, they just kinda' stand there and drop the red coats to reveal the blue ... then they carried the red coats over to the right mid-filed and laid them down in what looked like a circle ... hard to tell from the low angle of the video ...

In the video from Akron, they just kinda' stand there and drop the red coats to reveal the blue ... then they carried the red coats over to the right mid-filed and laid them down in what looked like a circle ... hard to tell from the low angle of the video ...

do you have the link to the video? I haven't found one of the actual performance at Akron yet.

Uh oh! sounds like PR suffers the first vehical break down of the season! Just got a report from my lady friend that one of the buses broke a shock! Best to get the bad luck out of the way early I suppose!

Ended up being a fan clutch (info via PR Facebook)!

Everyone is safe and the corps is on-time to make their next show.

I believe they are spending the day in Oklahoma City - or spent last night there.

Anyway, one of the rent a buses broke......

And! 5 hours until most of us can see them 'live' at the movies across the United States.

Been a lot of encouraging reports about Phantom's first show.

Seemed to supprise a lot of people.

Hoping for a really good first score of 2012!!!

I'm leaving work at or before 5pm to get a seat in the theater on the '50 yard line'.

Just saw the show in the theater. A few thoughts...

- This will likely be my favorite show of the year. Wonderful show.

- The drill is perfect. But also lacking sufficient difficulty that the show will likely peak visually. I'm cool with that.

- I'm not surprised that the music scores were 5th of 6. It doesn't have the musical impacts that recent PR shows have (but which have also always developed over the season). Also, the show is comprised of several short segments, though I'm sure transitions will improve.

- Perhaps I'm the only one, but I think the beheading is a little cheesy. I'm sure it'll develop, and I hope it does.

Just saw the show in the theater. A few thoughts...

- This will likely be my favorite show of the year. Wonderful show.

- The drill is perfect. But also lacking sufficient difficulty that the show will likely peak visually. I'm cool with that.

- I'm not surprised that the music scores were 5th of 6. It doesn't have the musical impacts that recent PR shows have (but which have also always developed over the season). Also, the show is comprised of several short segments, though I'm sure transitions will improve.

- Perhaps I'm the only one, but I think the beheading is a little cheesy. I'm sure it'll develop, and I hope it does.

I yelled out 'cheesy' at the theater. It was. Has to be a better way to behead someone. Did anyone notice the helmets already on stakes?

There is a lot to see in this show! And, you know things will get more difficult musically and with the drums. Step by step. There's lots of season left....although 2nd place at the end of the season could be interesting.

Congrats to Phantom for finishing 2nd and doing so well visually!!! Will this show quiet the early season critics - ah, YES, yes it WILL. Call it 'easy' all you want. The show will evolve and there is lots of room for evolution.

Congrats again! Not bad for a corps that has been through so much these last 2 years.

• Like 1