Phantom Regiment 2012

lol, but honestly

the drill is not the most difficult no, but I think it competes with cadets for best visual design of the year. I may have to watch BD more before I don't include them in that award, however.

I don't think I remember a better staged/well integrated guard besides a few cavaliers shows in the past. Visual compliments the music spectacularly.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

This years Phantom Regiment show is one of the best shows of all time, easily, hands down, period. The look they have on that field is fresh, inviting, classy, interesting, beautiful, magnificent. Guard is more than capable of spinning with the best of them and by Finals night will..the costuming is breathtaking. Kc and Jamey, et all have done a tremendous job with this corps.

The visual design is sweet, easy on the eye, works well with the music, covers the field in new, unique design...its just amazing, can I say more ?? LOL....Easily the best PR design, as a total show in the last 23 years.

Geoffrey

I like the sound of that!

I love PR.

Music great ... nice change ... more to come by August.

Guard ... wonderful ... best out of the gate.

2 things ...

Those "fabric kites" the girls run across the field with are sort of bothersome:

• reason to exist (in past seasons there were costume changes hidden beneath, or soloists, or a different character revealed" ... none of that so far.

• they have no relation to the colors on the field at the time of their display ... first one is blue, second is red, third is orange-ish (based on video) ... there is no design element on them that relates to the silks at the time or future and as a "musical transition visual component" they serve no real purpose since they do not introduce a new thematic moment in the show ...

that said, there is more than enough time for this show to grow into a classic.

IMHO

I love PR.

2 things ...

Those "fabric kites" the girls run across the field with are sort of bothersome:

• reason to exist (in past seasons there were costume changes hidden beneath, or soloists, or a different character revealed" ... none of that so far.

• they have no relation to the colors on the field at the time of their display ... first one is blue, second is red, third is orange-ish (based on video) ... there is no design element on them that relates to the silks at the time or future and as a "musical transition visual component" they serve no real purpose since they do not introduce a new thematic moment in the show ...

IMHO

I could be crazy, but it seems to me that the three kites signify the three trials that our hero has to endure to win the hand of Princess Turandot. I have no doubt that there will be more to come over the course of the season in terms of fleshing the plot out. =)

Edited by zachariaswmb
  • Like 3

I love PR.

2 things ...

IMHO

For one of the kites, it hides the soloist and helps the performer rejoin the drill towards the back of the field. I like them, call me crazy.

I could be crazy, but it seems to me that the three kites signify the three trials that our hero has to endure to win the hand of Princess Turandot. I have no doubt that there will be more to come over the course of the season in terms of fleshing the plot out. =)

They'll need some changes soon as they are starting to have higher achievement scores than content scores in some subcaptions.