Phantom Regiment 2012

I LOVE the kites! To me, they signify the three riddles the prince must solve to receive Princess Turandot's hand in marriage. Also love the new snare visuals added this week. This show ROCKS!

What kind of Regiment opera show would it be if it didn't have kites? It'd be like steak without potatoes. Lost without flashbacks. DCP without predictions. You get the idea...

Actually, I haven't seen this show yet but in my limited experience with the corps' operatic days (yes, Cesario considered the 92 show to be operatic in nature) the kites served as curtains. Could these represent transitions into different acts?

• Like 2

Wondering of ping, pong & pang will make an appearance?

Good score last night with the bigger panel.

Does anyone else just LOVE their opening set!? Every time I see it I get excited. Definitely one of the most memorable opening sets.

• Like 3

I'm dying for them to start playing serenade for strings.... by far my favorite thing they play.

PR is fielding the best guard they have ever fielded imo, def. their best all-female guard.

For me, this show is shaping up to be as epic as 1989, which has consistently been voted one of the best shows of all time. I never tire of watching that show when it pops up on YT. 2012 has the same sort of feel as '89 to me... full of many great moments, and flows really well. I can't wait to see this show in August after it's been tweaked and polished and all the final elements have been added. No matter where PR places this year, like their '89 show, this is definitely going to go down as one of their all-time best imo.

Edited by ordsw24
  • Like 2

I know this isn't '12 related- sorry

Thinking about '13- how cool would it be if they played the '03? show again- ten years later?

(GASP- it's been TEN years next year already????)

• Like 1

Great show this year. The all-female guard is such a refreshing change from the other corps. Hopefully they'll add some great layers, and clean up the closer transitions to make this show even more powerful. And please clean up the marching in the closer. It's so cool to see a corps try and do the ritard/rubato marching, but it really gets dirty when they do slow down person-to-person. If they clean that up, it should be a very impressive moment

Greg Newell used to post a lot on this board. This year I don't think he has posted anything.

Crown has Eric Sabach as the representative for that corps. It's too bad there doesn't seem to be anyone official outside of the usual super phans like Chaos001 and RkfdPRphan. Thank God we have them now.