Phantom Regiment 2012

Agreed. Only corps with total package. Crown missing any color! Cadets missing Xmas color (not Easter pastels). BD missing...

I was about.to type "color doesnt win DCI" when I realized Cadets won with glorified box drill in contrasting colors. That said, Phantom is a great front runner and hope to see more changes come soon

• Like 1

I noticed some of the coin motifs are different from the others. The middle is black instead if white.

Anyone else spot this or perhaps know why?

I noticed some of the coin motifs are different from the others. The middle is black instead if white.

Anyone else spot this or perhaps know why?

Because it has a storage pocket, the crest sometimes has inner-fabric sticking out when they have removed their breathing exercise balloons.

Because it has a storage pocket, the crest sometimes has inner-fabric sticking out when they have removed their breathing exercise balloons.

I can't wait to see what you guys are talking about when I see the corps on Thursday night in 'Salem' Wisconsin (I think the stadium is still in Paddock Lake!).

When I placed the patches on the jackets the only 'pocket' was formed when the patch was sewn to the jacket (the coin is open in the center rectangle). There was no fabric pocket attached to the back of the patch. MAYBE that has changed?

I can't imagine removing all those patches sewing a pocket to the patch and sewing everything back on......but it is possible.

Haven't seen the show (other than on FN) for several weeks, so I dont know if the staff has changed what is stored and/or used in those pockets!

Everyone is so fixated on the 'beheading' that I believe everyone misses some great guard and brass interaction during that time. Could it be an item from that part of the show that Glasgow saw. Was it BLACK or a deep RED????

Either way, good catch everyone who noticed!

Can't wait to see how Phantom does this week - especially in Minneapolis on Saturday and back in Rockford at the SoS TOC event!

Blessings and much happiness to the corps!!!!

I had no idea about some of the coins showing a black center until 3rd Glasgow BB mentioned it. Looking at their photos on Facebook, I see some members showing black during the show.

Black Center

Edited by LincolnV

I had the great pleasure of watching PR in Sacramento CA this summer. I attended their "Clinic" which was actually full corps rehearsal at Sac State. I was amazed at the work ethic shown by the PR organization and the attention to detail of the staff and the performers on the field. What PR brings to the field this year is simply FANTASTIC! The program is well designed and the corps is performing the show beautifully! For me this years version of PR exhibits EVERYTHING that drum corps should be!!! :)

So here the rub... why haven't they broken 80 yet??? Why are they ranked 4th so far this year??? What could the judges possibly be looking for that is missing from PR's show??? Does it come down to Classical music doesn't rank as high as Jazz? I find this to simply be preposterous!

Best of luck for the remainder of the season to Phantom! I can only hope that the judges start to see what I see on the field and they begin to reward PR for a SPECTACULAR show! :)

• Like 1

I had the great pleasure of watching PR in Sacramento CA this summer. I attended their "Clinic" which was actually full corps rehearsal at Sac State. I was amazed at the work ethic shown by the PR organization and the attention to detail of the staff and the performers on the field. What PR brings to the field this year is simply FANTASTIC! The program is well designed and the corps is performing the show beautifully! For me this years version of PR exhibits EVERYTHING that drum corps should be!!! :)

So here the rub... why haven't they broken 80 yet??? Why are they ranked 4th so far this year??? What could the judges possibly be looking for that is missing from PR's show??? Does it come down to Classical music doesn't rank as high as Jazz? I find this to simply be preposterous!

Best of luck for the remainder of the season to Phantom! I can only hope that the judges start to see what I see on the field and they begin to reward PR for a SPECTACULAR show! :)

According to what I took Cesario to mean on last Friday's full FieldPass, everything within a subcaption box must be achieved before moving into the next scoring box. I expect them to have things cleaned and tweaked by the next show. Eighty is a definite possibility.

I was about.to type "color doesnt win DCI" when I realized Cadets won with glorified box drill in contrasting colors.

Really? There are many valid criticisms of the Cadets 2011 show, but "glorified box drill" seems a bit off the reservation to me.