Phantom Regiment 2012

Go Regiment! Isn't this the 3 heads-down days Regiment typically has to polish up, add power & emotion to their show & insert the finishing touches? Can't wait for Allentown & the TOC finanle this weekend in person! I still remember how Regiment literally "turned it on" BETWEEN Allentown and the TOC Finale last year - and nearly caught Crown by the following week. Or even better the crowning touches to the Spartacus show in 2008 inserted just in time for Allentown. This is one of the reasons I look forward to Allentown so much every year!

If you look back at the last 8 years (through 2005), I don't know that there is another corps out there that has surged more, and more consistently (2009 aside) than Regiment has over the season's last 7-10 days. Go get 'em!!!

Harvey

Go Regiment! Isn't this the 3 heads-down days Regiment typically has to polish up, add power & emotion to their show & insert the finishing touches? Can't wait for Allentown & the TOC finanle this weekend in person! I still remember how Regiment literally "turned it on" BETWEEN Allentown and the TOC Finale last year - and nearly caught Crown by the following week. Or even better the crowning touches to the Spartacus show in 2008 inserted just in time for Allentown. This is one of the reasons I look forward to Allentown so much every year!

If you look back at the last 8 years (through 2005), I don't know that there is another corps out there that has surged more, and more consistently (2009 aside) than Regiment has over the season's last 7-10 days. Go get 'em!!!

Harvey

Yup! They're at Frostburg State in Maryland right now. Can't wait to see what the show looks like coming out of there!

I feel like there's a big ... addition waiting to be added to this show. It's not something that there is much precedent for in drum corps, so far as I know. I hesitate to speculate out loud about this - for one thing, because spoiling a surprise might detract from the impact when it's used. And for another, I don't see how it relates to the opera itself, or could be made to fit. Something in the package surrounding the show is giving me an image. So, I could be entirely wrong - I don't have any insider information obviously. But is anybody else getting the same feeling I am?

• Like 1

I feel like there's a big ... addition waiting to be added to this show. It's not something that there is much precedent for in drum corps, so far as I know. I hesitate to speculate out loud about this - for one thing, because spoiling a surprise might detract from the impact when it's used. And for another, I don't see how it relates to the opera itself, or could be made to fit. Something in the package surrounding the show is giving me an image. So, I could be entirely wrong - I don't have any insider information obviously. But is anybody else getting the same feeling I am?

That they have something planned? I believe so as well.