Tour of Champions @ East Rutherford/Metlife Stadium

Did anyone take mass/public transport to last years Tour of Champions show in East Rutherford?

I know there are special Trains & Busses that will take you there for "big events".

However, I'm not sure DCI qualifies as a big event.....?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting there from the city is a joke, unless its a Giants/Jets game day, in which case you can take the train from Secaucus or Hoboken.

This is the main reason I didn't go last year. The only way to get there is to rent a car and drive, which sucks because then you pay to park a car that you are already paying to use. Added to the fact that it creates a very late Sunday night before a work day, it's just a tough trip all around.

Getting there from the city is a joke, unless its a Giants/Jets game day, in which case you can take the train from Secaucus or Hoboken.

This is the main reason I didn't go last year. The only way to get there is to rent a car and drive, which sucks because then you pay to park a car that you are already paying to use. Added to the fact that it creates a very late Sunday night before a work day, it's just a tough trip all around.

I will have access to a car and my ticket comes with free VIP parking. I just didn't want the trouble of driving from Queens to East Rutherford.... on what would be the wrong side of the road for me. Not a relaxing journey. Would much rather get on a bus or train.

Does anyone know what this stadium charges for RV parking? I'll be heading home to Maine from Allentown anyway, and it is literally right on the way....unless they have silly RV parking fees..... :blink:

I will have access to a car and my ticket comes with free VIP parking. I just didn't want the trouble of driving from Queens to East Rutherford.... on what would be the wrong side of the road for me. Not a relaxing journey. Would much rather get on a bus or train.

Find a friend/bring a friend to drive you!

Does anyone know what this stadium charges for RV parking? I'll be heading home to Maine from Allentown anyway, and it is literally right on the way....unless they have silly RV parking fees..... :blink:

Craig...I don't know if there are any special arrangements made through 'Yea', but it looks like non-football events charge $75 for an RV ...Here is the link:

http://www.metlifestadium.com/parking.php#nonNfl

There are definitely enough people in the city that would go out to the show if it was convenient.

Shouldn't be expensive or difficult to organize.

For example, call Coach USA who runs busses from port authority to meadowlands for special events. Ask the minimum number needed and costs to add a bus for this event. (Their usual busses are only $5)

Using FB you could probably have enough people on board make this work within a matter of hours.

Go to Port Authority Bus Terminal and go to NJ transit Info window and ask about busses to the Meadowlands Ractrack. They run there and get round trip ticket. You may have to walk a ways to stadium but its cheap and gets you there.

Go to Port Authority Bus Terminal and go to NJ transit Info window and ask about busses to the Meadowlands Ractrack. They run there and get round trip ticket. You may have to walk a ways to stadium but its cheap and gets you there.

Yes, there is a bus (351) that goes from Port Authority to the stadium but they only run for what they describe as "Big Events"... Jets, GIants, Concerts etc.

That bus would be perfect so hopefully this event will be "big" enough.

There were special buses running from the Port Authority Bus terminal to the Meadowlands for the show last year. I believe they left at two different times. My family and I road them over and back. It was the cheapest way to get to the show from the city. One thing that I remember is that they had to drop us off and pick us back up at the edge of the parking lot. We were actually closer to the NY Giants practice field than the stadium. When we arrived, the driver said that they were leaving a half hour after the last performance.