Move DCI to Santa Clara!

In my experience Mid-Atlantic shows consistently sell-out. Pretty sure that the Va and NC, SC shows do as well. Not positive about the NE shows but I suspect they are packed full as well.

I know Jackson and West Chester were packed tight last year. And the year before I got to Chambersburg and West Chester. Both were packed. Chambersburg's lower stands were not completely full though. But still mostly full. That was a nice stadium for a show. Probably seats more than WCU.... And Allentown is always well attended.

When I marched all the New England shows were packed.

To tell the truth, I don't remember any shows that weren't well attended when I marched in 08 and 09. Even early season shows were close to sold out if not sold out.

I remember Salem VA in 09 probably had a nice size crowd in the away stands. Electric crowd that night.

To my Rose Bowl again! Actually our director says Stanford has the best stadium for marching band in the Pac 12 (and I guess therefore drum corps).

To my Rose Bowl again! Actually our director says Stanford has the best stadium for marching band in the Pac 12 (and I guess therefore drum corps).

I will not argue against having the West Coast hosting a DCI Championships sometime again, but please . . . . NOT the Rose Bowl. It is bad enough that we get electronic noise from the pit. Combining that with the noise of electricity from the stadium lights could not be good.

• Like 1

I will not argue against having the West Coast hosting a DCI Championships sometime again, but please . . . . NOT the Rose Bowl. It is bad enough that we get electronic noise from the pit. Combining that with the noise of electricity from the stadium lights could not be good.

Not arguing for the Rose Bowl but the pits were electronic in 2007 so any mixing issues with the lights should be evident from then.

Edited by ozarkbugler

I know Jackson and West Chester were packed tight last year. And the year before I got to Chambersburg and West Chester. Both were packed. Chambersburg's lower stands were not completely full though. But still mostly full. That was a nice stadium for a show. Probably seats more than WCU.... And Allentown is always well attended.

When I marched all the New England shows were packed.

To tell the truth, I don't remember any shows that weren't well attended when I marched in 08 and 09. Even early season shows were close to sold out if not sold out.

I remember Salem VA in 09 probably had a nice size crowd in the away stands. Electric crowd that night.

The TCNJ show in 2010 was quite packed too.

The TCNJ show in 2010 was quite packed too.

Yeah I didn't make it to that one. It is interesting how many people go to all the shows in the area. YOu'll see a lot of the same people at all the YEA shows and of course Allentown.

If you're going to have a sustainable tour you need to have shows distributed over the entire area (like the eastern half of the map) -- not just at the edge.

Does this preclude the possibility of corps not entering California until the last two weeks of tour? I agree that it's important to give the eastern US their shows, since that's where the bulk of drum corps fans typically show up, but the 2007 model isn't that outrageous in terms of unfairly supporting the West Coast. (http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=fba09b68-7bbf-445c-a0f7-4b75bd8231f3)

DC has had a strong following in the mid-west and north-east since before the formation of DCI. Under DCI tutelage there is now a strong following in the south-east and south. In fact the last frontier is the west coast. On the way to the west coast lie Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Reno and Boise. Once the corps hit the west coast there are multitude of fans in WA, OR, and of course CA waiting for to see late season big time drum corps. I have always believed it would be in DCI’s best interest to develop strong regional competitions and then rotate the championship swing within the regions. Having a strong fan base north, south, east and west, can only make the activity stronger!