Carolina Crown 2012

Is he one of the three soloists in the opening movement? At the beginning of the season, before the trumpet soloist up front started catching the rifle toss, he was balancing the rifle on his chin.

Yes, this is the same soloist in the trio that is on the left as you face the field that also balances the cube. In that trio he balances a sabre on his chin and marches across right after the rifle toss is caught

• Like 1

So...Why did they rewrite the closer drill when it was fine before?

its pretty similar to the previous closer. Just the Crown now is more compact and the color guard is inside it now. It wasn't a major re-write IMO.

its pretty similar to the previous closer. Just the Crown now is more compact and the color guard is inside it now. It wasn't a major re-write IMO.

From what I can tell from watching the video, the music is almost exactly the same ... if not exactly the same. However, the drill seems to be a different story. I think they rewrote the entire drill from the end of the Fanfare section through the end. The only drill that remains unchanged, as far as I can tell, is that the rotating cube drill is still there. Then, of course, the final set is similar to the original final set, but smaller.

That's just from my first viewing of it last night. I could be wrong.

Just re-watched the Crown performance while checking one last time for a recap.

WOW was the guard on fire tonight or what!?! Their book is IMO far and away the most difficult in DCI and not only were they pretty darn clean --amazingly clean in a lot of moments -- they are PERFORMING the crap out of it, So much fun to watch these performers spin and dance! Truly a WORLD CLASS guard !!

• Like 3

524258_10151050542957641_1187907988_n.jpg
  • Like 8

After watching a clip of their rehearsal before san antonio the guard work in the crown changed somewhat! Is it me or is their some things from the end of "09" and "10" if so are they hinting at something!!! 3rd times a charm :))))