2012 WC drums

I know when I marched the new drums didn't come until near the end of spring training. So I have a feeling what a lot of corps are using right now might not be the new drums just yet... especially if they are staying with the same manufacturer.

Now in SCVs case, where they changed manufacturers, they probably had to get them sooner than later. I mean you don't want to publish pictures, or just pictures that get out in public of your corps using Pearl Drums, when you have Dynasty logos every where else on the Website and other places.

I don't know if Crossmen are getting new drums or not. If they do, I hope they keep the red... maybe an even brighter red. Or maybe they will have something related to their show design? But like MikeN said, they could use the extra pop from brighter colors. But I really liked last year's finish.

As for Crown... I just hope it doesn't get too crazy... I honestly wasn't a fan of the flames last year. I wasn't a fan of Crowns whole color scheme last year for the whole corps.

As for Crown... I just hope it doesn't get too crazy... I honestly wasn't a fan of the flames last year. I wasn't a fan of Crowns whole color scheme last year for the whole corps.

I can say, without revealing what the corps was told in April about the drums, that you won't have to worry. They are going to be very classy this year. :)

• Like 1

I can say, without revealing what the corps was told in April about the drums, that you won't have to worry. They are going to be very classy this year. :)

Good. They are playing some classy music too. Hope it all goes hand in hand.

It would appear based on a recent facebook photo the Blue Knights drums are some sort of bright or lime green.

546570_10150850701468026_22192163025_9674114_1420114107_n.jpg

Beat me to it! I was just coming here to post that photo after I saw it on Facebook. lol

From a reliable source:

Crossmen will be using a natural wood grain finish, to go along with the show theme. Can't wait to see what they look like!

From a reliable source:

Crossmen will be using a natural wood grain finish, to go along with the show theme. Can't wait to see what they look like!

Are these drums going to look like Cadets' drums from 2010? If so, these will look sick with their uniforms

And here it is!

7267151460_73dbcebdd3.jpg

The new Dynasty DFZ snare drum by gmiller598, on Flickr

I sure hope they paid Yamaha for doing the R&D on the new snare! :tongue:

• Like 6