How Can DCI and Corps Engage us Next Couple Weeks?

My speculation: legal issues for the earlier part of the year (i.e. pre-April) so that they don't have to announce rep changes due to lack of sync rights. My second speculation: Maybe they really want you to see their show as its own organic whole and not take time listening to source material so you can be familiar with it first. I don't know, but after the enjoyment factor of last year, I'm hopeful that it won't matter one bit this time around that I don't know all about everyone's show.

LOL, gee also maybe the corps have more important things to do...... Man the Internet/Information Age sure has people spolied...

Don't want to "date" Terri but she probably remembers when we didn't know anything about a corps show until their first performance..... Now THAT got to be fun, unless the surprise was a corps had gone under and no one knew it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Who ever claimed this ruined my life (or any other of your extreme exaggeration)? Like I said many times, I was just curious about the reasons for the delays in show announcements this year - and again, thanks to Guardling for offering a first-hand definitive reason for this. Also like I mentioned before, I will still go to Finals and a handful of other shows this year, I will still enjoy the performances, and I will still sleep at night.

On the other hand Jeff, if you are so interested in growing the activity as a lot of your posts show, I'd suggest that you don't wish any fans "stay the #### home"...

I didn't wish you to stay home. I wished that if it ruined your experience so much, you seek other alternatives.

I'd like the info too. However, I emailed people for it. If they didn't respond, hey their loss. I'm all for a corps getting the word out about their shwos early, as opposed to a 15 page thread full of nothing but speculation. That isn't always possible, and I'm not thrilled, but I don't raise royal hell about it. Do you really think #####ing on here will change that?

I didn't wish you to stay home. I wished that if it ruined your experience so much, you seek other alternatives.

I'd like the info too. However, I emailed people for it. If they didn't respond, hey their loss. I'm all for a corps getting the word out about their shwos early, as opposed to a 15 page thread full of nothing but speculation. That isn't always possible, and I'm not thrilled, but I don't raise royal hell about it. Do you really think #####ing on here will change that?

I never had any delusions of grandeur that I was going to change anything (do you think that a bunch of postings on DCP and other sites will?). I thought we were all here for an exchange of ideas and to learn something from one another. Perhaps not everyone shares similar intentions though.

• Like 2

I never had any delusions of grandeur that I was going to change anything (do you think that a bunch of postings on DCP and other sites will?). I thought we were all here for an exchange of ideas and to learn something from one another. Perhaps not everyone shares similar intentions though.

well...in some cases, complaints on here have been noticed and some things changed, or at least better PR initiatives. Usually from DCI HQ though, not the corps themselves