Shaun Canon to Perform at DCI Finals

How many women who never pay attention to football were at least willing to sit next to their husbands or boyfriends on the couch watching those Super Bowls because Prince or U2 or McCartney was going be to be part of the event?

Hint - a lot. The halftime acts made the rest of the game at least somewhat tolerable for non-football fans.

I don't understand how anyone could see this in a negative light. I have no idea who this kid is (American Idol has no appeal to me), but whether you like it or not, this kid is in the mainstream and drum and bugle band is NOT. He's the one who brings the credibility to those who might not have ever heard of DCI, not the other way around. Given that he's listed as a performing guest rather than the featured event, those who have their panties in a twist over this thing need to check and see if they should be upping the dosage on their reality pills.

spot on.

even if you used euros, you wouldn't want them anyway as they are quickly losing value

Great for my vacations but not so great for the world's economy..... hmmm, hard choice. ph34r.gif

Ooops got my overseas trips and left over money mixed up... :doh:

Think I got corn-fused by the few pound (I think) coins I got back during my mid 90s trip to see some relatives. And the Euros probably got in Iceland a few months later. OY! :doh:

You're forgiven... tongue.gif

How many women who never pay attention to football were at least willing to sit next to their husbands or boyfriends on the couch watching those Super Bowls because Prince or U2 or McCartney was going be to be part of the event?

Hint - a lot. The halftime acts made the rest of the game at least somewhat tolerable for non-football fans.

I don't understand how anyone could see this in a negative light. I have no idea who this kid is (American Idol has no appeal to me), but whether you like it or not, this kid is in the mainstream and drum and bugle band is NOT. He's the one who brings the credibility to those who might not have ever heard of DCI, not the other way around. Given that he's listed as a performing guest rather than the featured event, those who have their panties in a twist over this thing need to check and see if they should be upping the dosage on their reality pills.

Reply Hint #1) edit: Shaun is doing this out of the kindness of his heart because "he" supports DCI and wants to lend his talent to bring more attention to the activity; that aspect is fine as an interesting experiment.

Reply Hint #2) Those who did not like football, but watched the NFL Super Bowl Halftime, did "not" sit on the couch watching the game; they either a) only sat on the couch during halftime; or b) sat on the couch reading, doing crossword puzzles, and poking fun at their significant others until halftime. Therefore watching the halftime did "not" instill more interest in them for football, but as you put it, made something they did not like a bit more tolerable.

Reply Hint #3) Most all, an overwhelming majority of these same people in which you speak, would never fork out hundreds of dollars for tickets and go to the Super Bowl unless required by their significant others (and then the precious few who would go to the live game still would not develop an interest in football but only tolerate it as you eloquently pointed out). So, how does that help gain real meaningful interest in the activity?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 3

Reply Hint #1) If Shaun is doing this out of the kindness of his heart because "he" supports DCI and wants to lend his talent to bring more attention to the activity then fine it is an interesting experiment (but here is a question for ya: Thousands of the other youth on the filed are "paying" to perform, what about him... hmmmm, I wonder?)

According to his Assistant on another thread that the assitant started, Shaun is volunteering to be at this event.

As one of Shaun Canon's assistants, I just thought I'd let you know a little more about Shaun Canon and why he did this music video for DCI, and why he's volunteered to perform at the National Championship this August. I saw a few people on here criticizing Shaun, which was upsetting considering how much he's doing to help raise support for DCI and music programs. Whether you like his music or not, if you support music programs, you should at least respect the fact that Shaun Canon is working tirelessly in Hollywood to raise support for these programs. He's already PERSONALLY donated $100,000 to music programs, out of his own pocket.

This is wonderful!

• Like 1

I'll be honest....I've watched EVERY season of American Idol except the 1st one....and I've NEVER heard of this guy. EVER

Maybe his brother from another mother will show up. Nick Cannon! And we can have Drumline battles on the 50!