THE STORY OF THE CADETS

Dave...the book is amazing!!!

Talk about bringing back memories!

Thanks to all who were involved in the project!

FHNSAB

That was a great job of putting the Cadets history together from the very beginning. Very well done, and I enjoyed reading it.

I was privileged to have early access to this online book ... and while I haven't had a chance to review all of it, what I've seen is very good. I like the presentation and integration of images, narrative text, and audio files with both music and first-hand accounts.

Kudos to the entire team that produced this important historic repository of one of drum corps' most storied organizations.

P.S. Look for a review by Kevin Gamin, DCP News Editor, in the coming weeks.

I was privileged to have early access to this online book ... and while I haven't had a chance to review all of it, what I've seen is very good. I like the presentation and integration of images, narrative text, and audio files with both music and first-hand accounts.

Kudos to the entire team that produced this important historic repository of one of drum corps' most storied organizations.

P.S. Look for a review by Kevin Gamin, DCP News Editor, in the coming weeks.

Too bad BD didn't do something like this. :sad:

Too bad BD didn't do something like this. :sad:

Let's be clear, Sam .... "The Cadets" didn't create this ... dedicated alumni got together and put this impressive collection together. While I am sure the project was supported by George Hopkins and other members of the YEA! staff ... the 'heavy lifting' was not done by the organization.

What the Blue Devils **HAVE** done is assemble an incredible archive of video, audio, and still image files from 1971 through the current year, which is published on their website via Mediabox ... something that, as Brian points out above, few other organizations or alumni have done. Kudos to Dave Gibbs, Brian Haslanger, and Jeff DeMello for making this a reality.

Preserving the history of the activity is something we should **ALL** be involved in ... especially by the alumni of the organization, who are often the best source of first-hand information.

I applaud the alumni that show this dedication to the history of their organization ... rather than sitting back and tossing stones at it.

Let's be clear, Sam .... "The Cadets" didn't create this ... dedicated alumni got together and put this impressive collection together. While I am sure the project was supported by George Hopkins and other members of the YEA! staff ... the 'heavy lifting' was not done by the organization.

What the Blue Devils **HAVE** done is assemble an incredible archive of video, audio, and still image files from 1971 through the current year, which is published on their website via Mediabox ... something that, as Brian points out above, few other organizations or alumni have done. Kudos to Dave Gibbs, Brian Haslanger, and Jeff DeMello for making this a reality.

Preserving the history of the activity is something we should all be involved in ... especially by the alumni of the organization, who are often the best source of first-hand information.

I applaud the alumni that show this dedication to the history of their organization ... rather than sitting back and tossing stones at it.

Whomever produced it, it's a pretty good history lesson and I'd love to see many corps create some sort of medium where we can educate ourselves on their history. That could also help in recruitment I guess.

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying reading it and following the growth of the corps as drum corps itself changed through the years. An OUTSTANDING job! I'm particularly impressed how the corps philosophy has remained basically unchanged through the years, and realizing that philosophy is a reflection of their Holy Name heritage. Ennobling.

I bet Dave Shaw (onceuponatime) had a lot to do with compiling the information. He has been an amazing force with the alumni group.

I bet Dave Shaw (onceuponatime) had a lot to do with compiling the information. He has been an amazing force with the alumni group.

Yes, Mike ... the authors are Greg Cinzio and Dave Shaw. Here's the credits page - with all of the various participants and contributors listed.

BRAVO !!!

-john