Who is finished?

We gave it a try but in the end, speaking for me, it became about NOT insisting on being right, and doing what is best for the members and the team. Tough to do -- after 30 years being right can be a big deal to me! …. Not that I am proud to say so.

If you know our endings, this year is 50 seconds of 200 beats per minute, and yes, every person in the world expects Jeff Sacktig's ending this year to be better than anything they have ever seen. And as I have come to learn:

- Creativity can take time

- Teaching and performing 18 pages of drill at 200 bpm is not something you can do two days before the show.

So, after praying and hoping, I saw reality and followed the suggestion of the team and we are cleaning what we have, we tagged on a few counts and well … we live with reality and not the dream.

Yes, we would love to be ready now. This was not the plan. But, to let you inside, this was not the easiest show, this IS NOT the easiest show to put together. We have tried a few different angles and approaches and some have not worked all that well.

This.

As far as I'm concerned, the brutal honesty of how this situation is being handled = character.

Heaven help him if he pushed ahead and insisted on being right and a kid, or kids, got hurt. Imagine the mob that would have turned out for that.

• Like 2

Spent a lot of time at Cadets rehearsals. Seen plenty of train wrecks. I've never seen them run a train wreck over and over without stopping to break it down.

But let's be crystal clear... your contention is that the Cadets run everything all the time in every circumstance at full speed.

Interesting.

That's what I got out of the conversation...

Maybe you need to go back and reread what I wrote.

To be crystal clear: I said what I wanted to say. Exactly how I wanted to say it.

Excelsior!

Lookit, I'm not swinging at your pitch in the dirt.

Sorry.

FamilyWhoop.JPG

it just means 'look' but some people say lookit... it might be a midwest thing? I'm not sure... but it's rare to hear people use it these days. Only cool people say lookit :p

Lookit is a Midwestern thing? Maybe an East Coast thing...

Woops... I forgot that if you didn't march Cadets you can't have an opinion on anything the corps does...

Sorry... not all of us want to be assimilated..

Resistance is NOT futile!

Edited by kickhaltsforlife
  • Like 1

Yeah -- really.

Nothing about my last post was "in the dirt". It was clear and AFAICS accurate.

But...you ran away from explaining what you meant with your snark. (Probably cause you boxed yourself in to a comment you couldn't stand by but wanted to enjoy said snarkiness away).

I'm fine with people engaging in conversation -- even if we don't agree -- been down many a long DCP debate.

But people who post cheap shots and then hide -- yeah it stands the hair up a little (what little I have left). If you want to make a point then stand by your point.

So if you want to call me out as being full of ####, that's fine. I'm sure I am sometimes. But don't run and hide with "I'm not gonna talk to you anymore". I'm a fair and honest DCP citizen. If I call someone out, I'll stand by what I say.

You -- apparently -- don't.

</soapbox>

Some people don't care how they carry themselves.... It's not very honorable I'd say, but whatever. The posts actually come across as gruff and abusive to me... Blustering...

We're not real people, afterall...

Anyway, whoever obviously doesn't really care, you were "minused" twice! rolleyes.gif

hey, they tried. That's all we ask.

No biggie to me. lookaround.gif

Seems controversy generating... Gasp.... ph34r.gif