Who is finished?

What the heck does "lookit" mean?

"This is a combination of "look here now,or just plain "look"." It is used when you are somewhat frustrated with a person, and want to get their attention real quick and advise them they are incorrect, are missing the point, or do not understand, and therefore you will explain or clarify the situation to them all over again."

--Urban Dictionary

Lookit, buster!!

Edited by chris ncsu

If I'm not mistaken, VFW restrictions on things like tempo were actually one of the big reasons why corps decided to take control and form The Combine, which would become DCI. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Artistic freedom was part of it...there was, as in most things, a financial aspect as well. The VFW Nats were called the Million Dollar Pageant of Drums, but not much of that million ever made it anywhere near the corps.

22045752.jpg

Really? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

it just means 'look' but some people say lookit... it might be a midwest thing? I'm not sure... but it's rare to hear people use it these days. Only cool people say lookit :p

Or really old people... :tongue:

Really? :rolleyes:

Yeah -- really.

Nothing about my last post was "in the dirt". It was clear and AFAICS accurate.

But...you ran away from explaining what you meant with your snark. (Probably cause you boxed yourself in to a comment you couldn't stand by but wanted to enjoy said snarkiness away).

I'm fine with people engaging in conversation -- even if we don't agree -- been down many a long DCP debate.

But people who post cheap shots and then hide -- yeah it stands the hair up a little (what little I have left). If you want to make a point then stand by your point.

So if you want to call me out as being full of ####, that's fine. I'm sure I am sometimes. But don't run and hide with "I'm not gonna talk to you anymore". I'm a fair and honest DCP citizen. If I call someone out, I'll stand by what I say.

You -- apparently -- don't.

</soapbox>

• Like 2

Yeah -- really.

Nothing about my last post was "in the dirt". It was clear and AFAICS accurate.

But...you ran away from explaining what you meant with your snark. (Probably cause you boxed yourself in to a comment you couldn't stand by but wanted to enjoy said snarkiness away).

I'm fine with people engaging in conversation -- even if we don't agree -- been down many a long DCP debate.

But people who post cheap shots and then hide -- yeah it stands the hair up a little (what little I have left). If you want to make a point then stand by your point.

So if you want to call me out as being full of ####, that's fine. I'm sure I am sometimes. But don't run and hide with "I'm not gonna talk to you anymore". I'm a fair and honest DCP citizen. If I call someone out, I'll stand by what I say.

You -- apparently -- don't.

</soapbox>

let it go.

• Like 3

If I'm not mistaken, VFW restrictions on things like tempo were actually one of the big reasons why corps decided to take control and form The Combine, which would become DCI. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

The primary 2 reasons that The Combine was formed were two fold:

1) Money.... Corps wanted more of the show proceeds. This was the primary motivator.

2) Judging standardization ..... VFW, AL, local circuits often had different judging critera. Corps wanted a standardized system so they would not have to vary their show performance during the season to fit the different systems utilized at different shows.

Edited by BRASSO