Cadets2 Performance

And if the kids didn't see Hop bow, they might think the booing was directed at them.

The way YOU think about the issue is not always the way those on the receiving end feel about it.

Well,..........If Hop didn't have to be the center of attension, it would have never happened, so it is on him............

I give him a lot of credit for all he has done for drum corps,........but the most annoying thing for me as a fan, is having to watch him pace back in forth behind the podium and around the pit for the entire cadets show,........can someone please tell me why he has to do that?

At first I was going to say they don't need to check out DCA after Tour because we just like other DCA corps have kids marching Jr corps 5 In Cadets (Lara Tuba Soloist) 3 In madison 2 Phantom , 3 In raiders who I know don't hide their DCA exposure .. But you are right Seeing is believing so its a good thing too.

Right but not all DCA corps have DCI kids fill their holes after tour.

The point is that since the Cadets(1) members saw C2 perform, that may get those non DCAers to think about attending a show that they otherwise might not have. Its a good start in getting more exposure to the DCI fan base.

Well,..........If Hop didn't have to be the center of attension, it would have never happened, so it is on him............

I give him a lot of credit for all he has done for drum corps,........but the most annoying thing for me as a fan, is having to watch him pace back in forth behind the podium and around the pit for the entire cadets show,........can someone please tell me why he has to do that?

personally ( and I have had personal involvement ) i DONT CARE FOR THE MAN, POLITICS,the way he treats people) BUT who cares if he paces, where do we want him to sit in the bus..Is there nothing that cant cant be debated..lol..guess not..anyone remember why he was booed? Maybe his intent wasnt out of line and spectators didnt understand.

Lets critique his shirts..lol..oh wait there was a debate on staff clothes last year...guess we covered everything..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

personally ( and I have had personal involvement ) i DONT CARE FOR THE MAN, POLITICS,the way he treats people) BUT who cares if he paces, where do we want him to sit in the bus..Is there nothing that cant cant be debated..lol..guess not..anyone remember why he was booed? Maybe his intent wasnt out of line and spectators didnt understand.

Lets critique his shirts..lol..oh wait there was a debate on staff clothes last year...guess we covered everything..lol

Can't he pace where he's not between the corps and the line of sight of the audience? I remember seeing Jim Costello of the Cabs pacing at some shows but at least he was towards the end zone. But some of his movements an facial expressions were worth ignoring what the corps was doing on the field. And for the record except for a certain "Help Wanted" rant a few years

back the biggest complaint I have about GH is he forgets at time it's about the corps and not him. Taking a bow while the corps is on the field is a great example. Other one I witnessed personally was an exhibition where he went on and on and on about what the corps was going to do while the corps (and the audience) waited and waited and.... And this wasn't a YEA sponsored event. More than a few people were saying out loud "C'mon George we want to hear the corps, not you" and "Not about you George..". I was always taught that when it's performance time, it's time so staff to be invisible and not heard....

As for DCI members "discovering" DCA, let's not forget that some DCI members got experience in a DCA corps first.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Can't he pace where he's not between the corps and the line of sight of the audience? I remember seeing Jim Costello of the Cabs pacing at some shows but at least he was towards the end zone. But some of his movements an facial expressions were worth ignoring what the corps was doing on the field. And for the record except for a certain "Help Wanted" rant a few years

back the biggest complaint I have about GH is he forgets at time it's about the corps and not him. Taking a bow while the corps is on the field is a great example. Other one I witnessed personally was an exhibition where he went on and on and on about what the corps was going to do while the corps (and the audience) waited and waited and.... And this wasn't a YEA sponsored event. More than a few people were saying out lot "C'mon George we want to hear the corps, not you". I was always taught that when it's performance time, it's time so staff to be invisible and not heard....

As for DCI members "discovering" DCA, let's not forget that some DCI members got experience in a DCA corps first.

bottom line who cares....i guess a few do but then again no matter whats put out there human nature says there will always be someone who has a better way........if his own corps doesnt care, why should we. He sucks as a person..for sure...BUT hes great at what he does and have done for that corps and others

ughh icant believe I defended him

Edited by GUARDLING

bottom line who cares....i guess a few do but then again no matter whats put out there human nature says there will always be someone who has a better way........if his own corps doesnt care, why should we. He sucks as a person..for sure...BUT hes great at what he does and have done for that corps and others

ughh icant believe I defended him

Well I think having a big ###ed pit is distracting too so figure the source. :devil: And who knows if and when I'll make any kind of DCI show (for various reasons) so it wouldn't be distracting to me at all. :tongue: But if I see it in DCA I'll be B-wording about it too...

As for the corps not caring... fine... but the people in the audience are helping to pay the bills...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

And if the kids didn't see Hop bow, they might think the booing was directed at them.

The way YOU think about the issue is not always the way those on the receiving end feel about it.

I agree. But if it happens, the question is how you deal with it. How one deals with adversity. I know I can tlak about this, I was through this on the field as well. I know the deal.

We laughed at the crowd, bore down on the program like no one's business, and cranked out a win. I didn't blog about how crushed my psyche was. There was no blogosphere, but If I did blog, I'd have blogged about how we threw the boos back in the crowd's faces and how it wasn't gonna deter us from our goals.

Life ain't pretty at times. It's tough out there. We like to talk about how this is a microcosm of life and how it prepared us and how it prepares others. Let em tell you, the preparation I got for dealing with adversity and when things go bad from corps has been more valuable for most of my life than when it all goes well. And I was in a very fine DCA corps for its day.

When it goes bad, bear down and prevail somehow, through sheer guts, heart, working through it. I'm doing that today since the @&*%^*&^% barking/howling dogs upstairs and the kids running on the porch outside my apartment gave me 4 hours sleep. I'm not gonna cry- I'll get to work, throw boxes around and make sure they get to where they need to, I'll get the job done and make it happen. Somehow, that lesson seems to be lost on some people nowadays, and maybe it's needed more than ever.

Well I think having a big ###ed pit is distracting too so figure the source. :devil: And who knows if and when I'll make any kind of DCI show (for various reasons) so it wouldn't be distracting to me at all. :tongue:

As for the corps not caring... fine... but the people in the audience are helping to pay the bills...

jim......so the paying audiance now tells the director where to stand?maybe next what they should wear? What their faces should do or not do, ? Why not vote on show concepts................. :rolleyes:

Just for the record being EXTREMELY CLOSE TO Jimmy Coz...He stood where he did for a reason and also wore that white baseball cap for a reason also.......If you or anyone doesnt think there is a psychology to this activity and its just kids or perfomers on a field playing, flitting around with pretty fabric and props they are mighty mistaken...and its been like this always. We may not agree or like to think that BUT its there.

PS: Yeah pits are out of control...lol

Edited by GUARDLING