Cadets2 Performance

so much drama about a corps that won't get a DCA score until July.

Did you expect anything less?

Did you expect anything less?

sadly, no. I expected worse

so much drama about a corps that won't get a DCA score until July.

Then the new threads start about score too high, score too low, GH influencing scores, DCI changing DCA, etc, etc.....

Can we just skip ahead to DCA Weekend, already know where I'l be staying... :smile:

I dont fear them as I am glad to see another corps in DCA and I have no real ties to other corps. I used that word because that seems to be how most view it. Fear,worry,jealousy,etc. Some just dont like change and they are showing it.

I can tell you that's part of where I was going in talking about 1982 in DCA- certain elements did fear the change and took steps to try and stop it. Those who embraced it and adapted continue to exist today. The main culprit of the resistance, hate, and fear never really recovered from it and isn't around now.

Things seem to be a LOT different now in that way regarding the competitors. This, I like very much about them.

I can tell you that's part of where I was going in talking about 1982 in DCA- certain elements did fear the change and took steps to try and stop it. Those who embraced it and adapted continue to exist today. The main culprit of the resistance, hate, and fear never really recovered from it and isn't around now.

That's a story I'd love to hear.

That's a story I'd love to hear.

History of the Westshoremen thread. I'm getting to the main incident now at Giant Stadium.

If you've ever read where I said I've been booed onfield severely by an audience, that's it. It didn't savage our young and fragile psyches like so many people fear nowadays when that subject's bright up on DCP.

Did it affect us? We laughed at them. We won the show against the corps that tried to intimidate us by about a point in a half in spite of the 'friendly' home crowd for them. 5th win in a row.

But, I think after that, it scared DCA management badly. The season suddenly became more... interesting. I will say Sun, who was 3rd at that contest, working very hard and digging deep within themselves as the finish line got closer as they always did back then was also a factor. And they weren't the haters to make sure that is understood. :cool:

To bring it back to C2, based on the video, while there are some things they gotta tweak, and I am certain they will- Anyone that boos them are likely gonna be serious idiot types. That's definitely not in the booable categlory.

• Like 1

All I can say is....threads like this should get the C2 members used to the hate before they even hit the field. :thumbdown:

Sam, I think the h8 is more at their management. Not at the members.

As I said earlier, I've made a very conscious decision to differentiate that issue personally. If I dig what's on the field, and I daggone well may, I will decidedly give it up for them in spades. People have to separate the two issues.

But, I think after that, it scared DCA management badly.

What scared 'em in your opinion? The on field 'antics', the crowd re-action at one of the premier DCA shows (great public relations IMO) or that someone new with a newer style show was doing so good?

Too bad I was working rotating shifts and missed the 'love'..

And not quite Off Topic considering some of the comments...

Edited by JimF-LowBari