Cadets2 Performance

Well,..........If Hop didn't have to be the center of attension, it would have never happened, so it is on him............

I give him a lot of credit for all he has done for drum corps,........but the most annoying thing for me as a fan, is having to watch him pace back in forth behind the podium and around the pit for the entire cadets show,........can someone please tell me why he has to do that?

FYI, it was kind of hard to miss the bow.

And, I don't know. no other directors do it, and at times he clearly crosses the line of cheering to coaching, but I've never seen the corps hit for it

bottom line who cares....i guess a few do but then again no matter whats put out there human nature says there will always be someone who has a better way........if his own corps doesnt care, why should we. He sucks as a person..for sure...BUT hes great at what he does and have done for that corps and others

ughh icant believe I defended him

he's great at some things, not everything.

FYI, it was kind of hard to miss the bow.

And, I don't know. no other directors do it, and at times he clearly crosses the line of cheering to coaching, but I've never seen the corps hit for it

theres several that pace the trac..one i was with last summer tripped on a wire and un plugged the pitt..lol

Well I think having a big ###ed pit is distracting too so figure the source. :devil: And who knows if and when I'll make any kind of DCI show (for various reasons) so it wouldn't be distracting to me at all. :tongue: But if I see it in DCA I'll be B-wording about it too...

As for the corps not caring... fine... but the people in the audience are helping to pay the bills...

The pit/front ensemble has become a show in and unto itself now. It started to get that way 30 years ago and kinda snowballed. I see both sides of that issue. You have to train your eyes to look over and behind. Also, good design will focus your attention to the field behind the Front Ensemble. If you're distracted, someone is not doing their job design-wise. Maybe when it happens we give Fawber a large stick and when he's distracted he can smack the visual caption head once for every time it happens. It might encourage better visual design. :devil: It would also be very entertaining. :satisfied:

The pit/front ensemble has become a show in and unto itself now. It started to get that way 30 years ago and kinda snowballed. I see both sides of that issue. You have to train your eyes to look over and behind. Also, good design will focus your attention to the field behind the Front Ensemble. If you're distracted, someone is not doing their job design-wise. Maybe when it happens we give Fawber a large stick and when he's distracted he can smack the visual caption head once for every time it happens. It might encourage better visual design. :devil: It would also be very entertaining. :satisfied:

:thumbup: lol

im more annoyed listening to drum lines warm up and hearing it no matter how far from the field they are ..or another guard warming up in view...but hey , its a football field...cant have everything.

Edited by GUARDLING

Right but not all DCA corps have DCI kids fill their holes after tour.

The point is that since the Cadets(1) members saw C2 perform, that may get those non DCAers to think about attending a show that they otherwise might not have. Its a good start in getting more exposure to the DCI fan base.

AAAHHH Greed.. :)

:laughing:

All I could think of was this from "Wall Street":

"The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good."

which worked til he ended up in jail

But sometimes the front ensemble IS the feature.

• Like 1